cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change account email

kdjholland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't seem to figure out how to get a hold of a MOD to change the email address on my account.  Can someone please inform me as to how I start a dialogue with Simon and then escalate to a MOD?

27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like to think of it that upon activation the email address you give goes into 2 places. It becomes the login username and it becomes the key to your account. You can change that login id. But you need the moderator to change the key email.

I know not of which I speak. I had a look and I'm all wrong. Sorry if you all went looking.

@JoyLuck yeah I thought the same until I walked through the chat BOT lol, turns out it still is the same. 

@Naepalm 

Ever since I have been on here moderator intervention has been required to change a self service email account. Yes, very strange on the part of the chatbot.

@Nice2meetu then go through the BOT again but click contact us and open a ticket. 

@JoyLuck whats strange about this is that is where the BOT sends you to change your self serve email. So is this bad direction on the part of SIMON. hmmmm @CS_Agent please look into this to change this misinformation.

@Nice2meetu wrote:

Thanks but it doesn't quite help.  I still have to put in the forgotten password and it just says to call Public Mobile

Annotation 2020-05-16 221904.jpg

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. 

If SIMon cannot solve your issue, you then have the option to contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative). 

Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

If you had to contact a moderator check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

@Naepalm 

It says your email will not change.

BDEED7DF-ED80-4052-A4D8-F62C3F26768F.jpeg

Nice2meetu

Thanks but it doesn't quite help.  I still have to put in the forgotten password and it just says to call Public Mobile

Annotation 2020-05-16 221904.jpg

@Nice2meetu  

You can click this link here as well that I have provided to change your email in your account. 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/my-profile/change-username/

This will help you skip all thos steps. 

Nice2meetu

Thanks for your advice.

Actually the BOT says you can change your self serve email on your own. If you go into your self serve account then click on the profile and it will allow you to change the email in your account. 

Screenshot_20200516_220218_com.brave.browser.jpg

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nice2meetu 

@Nice2meetu wrote:

We need to change our email address that is currently on our profile. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

You would need to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

IMG_2507.PNG

@Nice2meetu 

Click on the corner as Joy has suggested. see the screen shot with how to.open the ticket. 

Screenshot_20200516_215630.jpg

@Nice2meetu wrote:

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue on changing your email address in self service.

If SIMon cannot solve your issue, you then have the option to contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative). 

Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

If you had to contact a moderator check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

Nice2meetu

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Esiest way go main page scroll down bottom see all the MOD on line click one and send private email. They will help you.

FYI: you may do this but the message will not go directly to that moderator, rather into the pool for triage and assignment. In addition, private messages are allocated lower priority than SIMon's tickets.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fdrcamb519

The MOD's online  look like this, hope your concerns get handled, or ask us to help if you need .Please

@kdjholland  For future reference sending private messages directly to individual Mods is discouraged. If you want to send a message use Moderator_Team instead of an individual mod.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Scroll to top of this page "Get Help", then click on "Chat with Simon".

@kdjholland wrote:

Thanks, but I do not see anything at the bottom right to click?

kdjholland

I see now... it says MOD beside their name... 🙂

@kdjholland wrote:

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

fdrcamb519

The MOD have a bold text, you will see, click and send message, with your concern.

@kdjholland hi don't worry about who is online just ask to speak to a human click the ? in the white circle

@kdjholland wrote:

Ho do I know which users online are MODs?

kdjholland

kdjholland

Ho do I know which users online are MODs?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@kdjholland Hi if you click on the? Bottom right hand corner and ask Simon to speak to a human they will ask you a few questions that you can answer and then you should be able to get a hold of a moderator

fdrcamb519

Esiest way go main page scroll down bottom see all the MOD on line click one and send private email. They will help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.