cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number

david77123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Is it possible to transfer my current number out to a call forwarding service and then get a new phone number from public mobile without closing my account or stopping service? I've used my phone number for years so I'd like to hang on to the old number for a bit.

David

5 REPLIES 5

@david77123 wrote:

If this is a technical issue, are they able to fix it by opening a new account and applying the same loyalty discounts, transferring addons, etc?

No point in discussing the technical feasibility.  Administratively, this ain't being done anymore.  The discussion ends right there. 

This type of change was allowed briefly, however the team at Public Mobile have advised us this will not be allowed again.

As mentioned, only options are keep your number, or keep your plan.  You can not have your cake, and eat it too.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

. What is your specific technical issue? 

If there is a technical issue on their end, I am sure the can do something. But rewards I do not think can be transfered between accounts.

But in the end you are wanting to port out animber into a new carrier and port a different number to your current account.

david77123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If this is a technical issue, are they able to fix it by opening a new account and applying the same loyalty discounts, transferring addons, etc?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

no you can only port your number out which closes your account or port a number in which will make you lose your current number and keep your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.