cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular data not working for my wife

dohnutt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

My wife has been having issues with her cellular data the past couple of days. We both have iPhones with connected Public Mobile accounts. I have not had issues, but she has.

She can't use iMessage or anything data-related and she is currently coordinating a large event where she needs to have her phone on her with data at all times.

She tried calling *611 to add data as we thought we may be over our limit (we have a shared 12GB per 3 months so that didnt seem likely) but it mentioned that we didn't have "sufficient funds" on our account, so I logged into Self-Serve (which is very very slow and unresponsive at the moment). I tried adding funds to our account but it tells me "we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed".

I'm not sure what to do at this point... It's very frustrating.

10 REPLIES 10

@dohnuttAnother option is to upgrade your wife to a better plan.. then her data will reset to the day you sign her up for the new plan.

As for credit cards.. what gets accepted or rejected is honestly a mystery at Public Mobile.. I tried 4 credits cards and surprisingly the cheapest ones work. In a pinch you can always go to the corner store to get vouchers.

dohnutt

@geopublic wrote:

@dohnutt wrote:

Hello

My wife has been having issues with her cellular data the past couple of days. We both have iPhones with connected Public Mobile accounts. I have not had issues, but she has.

She can't use iMessage or anything data-related and she is currently coordinating a large event where she needs to have her phone on her with data at all times.

She tried calling *611 to add data as we thought we may be over our limit (we have a shared 12GB per 3 months so that didnt seem likely) but it mentioned that we didn't have "sufficient funds" on our account, so I logged into Self-Serve (which is very very slow and unresponsive at the moment). I tried adding funds to our account but it tells me "we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed".

@dohnutt So you are both on 90 day plans with 12 GB each. Is today your plan renewal date? You can get your data usage by dialing 611 and select option 4 for plan and addon usage. From your description is sounds like the is an issue with your cc on file. Maybe a security lock was triggered while trying to add funds to your account while it was going through the renewal process.

If you can't get it going best to message the moderator for help.

Hi @geopublic,

Thanks to the help of everyone here, I was able to add more data to her account, though I think it's odd that it hides your data usage completely once it's fully used.

The issue, as you describe, seems to be that Public Mobile is not accepting my credit cards. I was able to buy the data package with the autopay balance that I had for this coming month, but can't seem to add any new funds to the account. I've tried two credit cards and neither work (yet they work elsewhere, and I'm paid up on them) so I suspect that the issue is on Public Mobile's end.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll contact a moderator to see if I can fix that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dohnutt wrote:

Hello

@dohnutt So you are both on 90 day plans with 12 GB each. Is today your plan renewal date? You can get your data usage by dialing 611 and select option 4 for plan and addon usage. From your description is sounds like the is an issue with your cc on file. Maybe a security lock was triggered while trying to add funds to your account while it was going through the renewal process.

If you can't get it going best to message the moderator for help.

@dohnutt  if it doesn't show it's been used up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dohnutt 

Shared data? There's no shared data service here.

If you have a cc registered then you could add more data via the 611 service.

Does the phone have a setting to stop data usage at a certain consumption point?

Edit: ninja'd by hairbag1 🙂

As an aside...maybe someone with plan data could try out the usage report in the 611 service to see if plan data shows up. I only have add-ons. I know it reports add-on data. Plan data sorta kinda looks like an add-on so maybe the 611 will report it.

611 will give you the remaining data on your current plan.

Thanks @hairbag1. Plan data right? If so then that's good to know.

Sounds like her data has been consumed. She can buy a 1GB Data add-on for $30. Alternative is to contact moderators and renew her current plan early.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dohnutt 

Does the phone have a setting to stop data usage at a certain consumption point?

As an aside...maybe someone with plan data could try out the usage report in the 611 service to see if plan data shows up. I only have add-ons. I know it reports add-on data. Plan data sorta kinda looks like an add-on so maybe the 611 will report it.

611 will give you the remaining data on your current plan.

dohnutt

@Anonymous @hairbag1 

Then we may both have 12GB of data. All I know is that my account shows 4/12GB used, and her account doesn't even show it as an option under "Data and Addon Usage". We have had this plan for maybe 2 years now without issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dohnutt 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dohnutt wrote:

Hello

Have wife log into My Account to review her current data. If there's nothing showing in Data, then it's been used up already. She can call 611 to add data if there's a credit card on her PM account. Alternative is to purcahse a voucher and apply it by calling 611.

BTW...there is no shared data plans at Public Mobile. Each account has it's own plan and add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.