cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send MMS but can receive mms

Vandmike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have all the APN settings correct and added a second APN that's correct also to get MMS but I still can't send MMS. Any ideas? 

10 REPLIES 10

Vandmike

@geopublic wrote:

@Vandmike wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Vandmike wrote:

No sure MMShow to check if thats on. It's a Samsung s6 running nouget 

@Vandmike  First check your APN and make sure APN Type contains mms. When sending mms you data needs to be on. Are you using the stock phone text application or another app for texting?

APN is correct, data on, stock massage app. 

@Vandmike  What happens when you try to send out do you get an error? Try sending another pic (smaller size) to another number. What happens?

I think I just got it. I found another form from 2016 Mary told them to add a different APN for MMS I did that but it still didn't work but I add both the stock APN settings and her info to one APN setup and it's working now. 

@Vandmike wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Vandmike wrote:

@Vandmike  First check your APN and make sure APN Type contains mms. When sending mms you data needs to be on. Are you using the stock phone text application or another app for texting?

@Vandmike  What happens when you try to send out do you get an error? Try sending another pic (smaller size) to another number. What happens?

Vandmike

@geopublic wrote:

@Vandmike wrote:

@Vandmike wrote:

Vandmike

@geopublic wrote:

@Vandmike wrote:

I have all the APN settings correct and added a second APN that's correct also to get MMS but I still can't send MMS. Any ideas? 

@Vandmike  Check your texting application and make sure that you have enabled sending MMS.

Not sure how to check if it enabled it's a Samsung s6 running Android 7

Vandmike

Vandmike

@Tfarrelly wrote:

What type of phone? Cell Data or wifi?  

Samsung s6 smg920v data is on. 

Tfarrelly

What type of phone? Cell Data or wifi?  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Vandmike wrote:

@Vandmike  Check your texting application and make sure that you have enabled sending MMS.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Vandmike you must have you data on in order to use mms

Need Help? Let's chat.