cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant port my koodo number

Adam8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey hows it going, so recently i joined the public mobile community and wanted to know how i can port my old koodo number instead of using the new one. The error message Im getting at the moment is. "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.""

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Adam8 

You could either wait and try later when website is more stable. You can try using incognito mode usually things get a bit smoother in incognito mode.

You could also go to a Walmart and check if they give free sims with activation and let them open it with a temporary number, then contact moderators afterwards. You can use your referral code in Walmart too.

Welcome to public mobile

@Adam8 wrote:

Suh, ya so it doesn't even let me get to that screen. I heard that the best way to do it is make a ticket and get the moderators to do it for you. Itll take like 1 or 2 days but.

You haven't mentioned whether or not you're on a Koodo PREPAID account, as @geopublic  & @popping  have speculated..... from anything I've seen mentioned on that topic, if it's Koodo postpaid, you can port the number yourself, but if it's a Koodo prepaid number you HAVE TO get a Moderator to take care of it on your behalf.

@Morpheus wrote:

Have you tried to reenter the information again? Normally, you only need either account number/PIN/IMEI. If you entered 2 or 3 of them, the port might be rejected (enter only one field)

Koodo/PM porting should be simple and quick.

When the port is from Koodo, the account number only is best to use. When it comes to IMEI, people don't always know which is the last device that sim card was in (if they removed it or lost it), or if there's a mismatch of that information in the Koodo system. As for PIN, that can often get confused with a phone's network unlock code, security password, sim card PIN, or voicemail password.

Morpheus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Adam8 wrote:

Suh, ya so it doesn't even let me get to that screen. I heard that the best way to do it is make a ticket and get the moderators to do it for you. Itll take like 1 or 2 days but.

If so, the issue could be from the PM website. You can try again tomorrow on a different network or different machine.

Adam8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Morpheus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried to reenter the information again? Normally, you only need either account number/PIN/IMEI. If you entered 2 or 3 of them, the port might be rejected (enter only one field)

Koodo/PM porting should be simple and quick.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Adam8 

If you have a Koodo prepaid number, You need moderator to manually port your number to PM.  This is because PM and Koodo prepaid are using the same backend.  The automated porting system will them as the same provider.  Therefore it cannot be ported automatically.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Adam8 wrote:

hey hows it going, so recently i joined the public mobile community and wanted to know how i can port my old koodo number instead of using the new one. The error message Im getting at the moment is. "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.""

@Adam8  That happens when trying to port a prepaid Koodo account number. 

You need to submit a ticket to PM include you Koodo account number, name on the account and Koodo phone number and they will process the port for you.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.