cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant open my plan details using chrome on pc.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

when i try to open my plan details from the overview page I get the msg "Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic."  I am able to open using chrome on my android and using edge browser on pc.

I have tried 

-clearing cache/cookies

-set "allow popups" in chrome privacy settings.

I am open to any suggestions at this point. Thank you. John

15 REPLIES 15

BlueMoonCat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Incognito/InPrivate browser tabs always use a clear cache and no cookies, so they are definitely a reliable way to access the site

It's also possible to clear the cache of a website in specific if you use the "f12" menu in your browser. You click f12, on the tabs in top click "Application", and then you will see a "Clear site data" button. Useful if you don't want to effect your other websites!

Here's an image showing what it looks like: 

JAC70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@esjliv , thanks for the suggestion.  Had to clear cookies AND use an InPrivate window in Edge for it to work.

Getting real tired of PM unreliability.

@JAC70 wrote:

Yeah, the website is broken.  Again.

Worked yesterday, as well as it ever does, but not today.

@JAC70  try accessing the site through a tab in incognito mode...this can help with finicky websites.

JAC70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, the website is broken.  Again.

Worked yesterday, as well as it ever does, but not today.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Goodluck @jukos!  Let us know how it goes. 🙂

jukos

I doubt its firewall, yes the edge browser worked on same pc. I will update here on tuesday. Thanks all!

BlueB

@jukos 

Thanks for letting us know!  Interesting observation by @LurganIeUk about your work (firewall) blocking certain URLs.  You mentioned it works on Edge?  Is it that same work PC when Edge works?  If so, it's probably some configuration/privacy/security settings within Chrome as opposed to the firewall.

When you get back to work, try it again.  To the right of the URL bar, you'll normally see a 'star' for adding that site to your bookmarks.  If something gets blocked (cookies, etc), it'll sometimes show another icon beside that star.  If you click it, you'll see what's going on...

Does your work block any URLs? That can be built into the router. 

jukos

So this happened on my work pc, now that I am home it is not an issue. I will try the reboot of pc when i am back at work on tuesday. Thank you for all the replies!

No problem on MacBook using Safari either. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jukos 

i do test now is working 100% no issue,

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about a 1 minute and put it back on,

BlueB

@Yummy wrote:

No issues here. Using older Firefox...

Try MS Edge?

@Yummy 

The OP (@jukos) has already confirmed that it's working on Edge (PC) and Chrome (Android).  The problem seems to be quite specific to Chrome on the PC.

BlueB

@jukos 

Have you restarted your computer before trying?  You can also try using Incognito mode in a fresh browser session to see if that helps.  Is Chrome updated to the latest version?

If it works in other browsers but not Chrome, seems like a Chrome issue... 😞  A complete reinstallation would help reset settings/etc in case you configured something that Public Mobile doesn't like.

No issues here. Using older Firefox...

Try MS Edge?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jukos wrote:

when i try to open my plan details from the overview page I get the msg "Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic."  I am able to open using chrome on my android and using edge browser on pc.

I have tried 

-clearing cache/cookies

-set "allow popups" in chrome privacy settings.

I am open to any suggestions at this point. Thank you. John

Try using Firefox...see if that helps.

Nope...mine won't open either. Must be a system outage. We'll have to try again later.

**Same thing happens when I try using tablet and cell phone.

Edit...20 minutes later...mine finally opened up Plan Details.

Need Help? Let's chat.