cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send/receive text messages and cannot receive phone calls after porting from Rogers

Memester
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there!

I ported my number over from Rogers about 2-3 hours ago and I received a text message from PM saying the port was completed successfully. It looks like my number came over, but now when I make outgoing calls it says "Private Number" and anyone who tries to call me gets an error message that says "5ut1: You have reached a number that is not equipped with incoming service. Please check the number and try again." I am also not able to send or receive any text messages.

Has anyone else experienced this before and can potentially help me out?

@CS_Agent

3 REPLIES 3

Memester
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent them a message, here's to hoping they get to me soon! Thanks for the info!

I've had some funny stuff happen before after porting (not to Public Mobile).  One time after going from Mobilicity to Wind, calling my number resulted in a busy signal.  But then half hour later, calling me started working again and then I received the porting sucess text message a few minutes later.

There are other cases where after porting, a subscriber can't receive calls from certain carriers but can from others.

Some of the time in both types of above scenarios, the service problems fix themselves after a short period of time.  There are other times that things only get corrected after contacting the carrier's customer service.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That does sound like a stuck port, so you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message (better than tagging) to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Likely won't get sorted until tomorrow.

Hang in there; better days to come.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.