cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or recieve SMS.

bynnder78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. New here. Signed up four phones for my family last weekend and still having trouble sending and receiving texts. iMessage, calling and data are fine. Any help would be appreciated. 

14 REPLIES 14

Sbrown917
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try turning off iMessage for a bit to see if it will work.  If it does then turn iMessage back on.  Something similar happened when I switched from iPhone to iPhone and turning of iMessage worked

Good luck 

Sherry

Beatrice_AG
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear that your texts do not work properly and I'll try to help.

Since from my understanding you are using an iPhone, could you please check in the Settings of your phone >Messages> Send as SMS and make sure the option is on? Then you can try to test and see if it works.

If it's still not working, don't be shy and write to one of our moderators. 🙂

eliza3

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile?amp=1

Use this site to set up your ANP and will receive or send photos via sms.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bynnder78 

Be sure sms is enabled in your settings..

it might be wrong app used.  😄

Dunkgirl

@bynnder78 wrote:

Yes. All ported from the same telus account. Set up the carrier settings as instructed

What were these settings? Maybe you unknowingly set up all 4 incorrectly, chances of having 4 separate accounts all with the same issue is slim

bynnder78

Yes. 3 iPhone Se & 1 iPhone 7 

bynnder78

Yes. All ported from the same telus account. Set up the carrier settings as instructed

bynnder78

Yes. All ported from the same telus account. 

@bananniiee wrote:

are all phones iphones? 

@bananniiee  That sounds like a horror movie.

bananniiee

are all phones iphones? 

Dunkgirl

@bynnder78 wrote:

Hi there. New here. Signed up four phones for my family last weekend and still having trouble sending and receiving texts. iMessage, calling and data are fine. Any help would be appreciated. 

All 4 of them have the same issue? They are all iphones? Have you configured the SMSC number to 16475800172?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bynnder78 wrote:

All 4 phones have same problem ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bynnder78 wrote:

Is iMessage set for SMS or just iMessage?

There might be something about the contacts when switching to a new provider but I'm not sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.