cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register account

irinap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a sim-card at one of 'official' stores - the account was activated by the seller guy using dummy email address. I cannot create account as it says that it's already exists and cannot log in / change password.

As a result I cannot top up my account and stayed without service. Ticket response time (48 hours) means amount of hours without service.

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@irinap , use this store locator to check if the store you went to is on the list.  If not then you are buying from a rogue store that purports to be authorized dealer.  If it is on the list, you should give them an appropriate rating for messing up your account set up.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@irinap wrote:

Bought a sim-card at one of 'official' stores - the account was activated by the seller guy using dummy email address. I cannot create account as it says that it's already exists and cannot log in / change password.

As a result I cannot top up my account and stayed without service. Ticket response time (48 hours) means amount of hours without service.

Something fishy about this retailer for sure if that is what they did.  Wait times shouldn't be 48 hours there were mods all over the place here click the question mark in the bottom right hand of the screen and ask your question and follow the prompts to contact the moderators and raise a ticket

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@irinap wrote:

Why would they do that?  I'm surprised that no e-mail was asked for. You'll now have prove its your account to the moderators.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@irinap  It doesn't sound like an official retail location. The email is the most important part of the activation process at PM. Why would they use a dummy email unless you asked them to do it. If that's the case then using a voucher is your best option.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@irinapYou can buy a voucher via a retailer, fill up using *611 and wait for a moderator to respond to you.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Need Help? Let's chat.