cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls

Carterseabright
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to public mobile yesterday and brought my own phone with me (May 14) and since then I am unable to receive incoming calls.  Incoming calls are going straight to voicemail

Outgoing calls, text and data are working.

I have an Andriod device ( Samsung)

Can anyone help or direct me please?  

Thank you 🙂

15 REPLIES 15

@Amil wrote:

I need to have the link to send my code

Your referal code is inside self serve. Go there and give the link to your friend.

Amil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to have the link to send my code

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

While waiting for the Moderators to get back to you, I would try a heard restart of my phone. It seems all things are working except incoming calls. Typically this means an issue with a number port. But you say the incoming calls are going straight to your Public Mobile voicemail. Typically if an issue with a number port the incoming calls would go to the old provider you were previously with. This don't sound like the case here according to what you are saying. So try a hard restart of your phone, take out SIM and wait a couple mins. Insert SIM and power up your phone. Hoping this helps. 

Cheers

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Carterseabright  Happy know you finally  got everything done.Welcome to public Mobile!

Carterseabright

Just from another mobile provider, maybe it just got stuck in techland or something?  LOL.  But i'm grateful for the responses and suggestions to help me through!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carterseabright 24 hours wow that's unusual.  Were you transferring from another mobile provider? OR, from a home phone or VoIP service perhaps?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Carterseabright

Thank you,

I just received a text saying my transfer request was completed, so in my case it took about about 24 hours.  I appreciate everyone's quick response to help and will pay it forward to others if I can!

@Carterseabright wrote:

Aside from filling out the required info (including telephone number, previous service provider ect...) when going through the sign up process, I haven't done anything else.  Maybe I didn't complete all steps?  Although I am sure i did.

@Carterseabright  Sounds like you did everything right. So you did port your number. Ports can take up to 5 hours to complete. If it's still an issue after that it's possible that your port might be stuck and will require PM intervention. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Carterseabright

Aside from filling out the required info (including telephone number, previous service provider ect...) when going through the sign up process, I haven't done anything else.  Maybe I didn't complete all steps?  Although I am sure i did.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you port a number over?

@Carterseabright wrote:

No they are not going to the public mobile voicemail.  I must have made a mistake when setting up the new account I guess 😞  I have sent a private message and I hope to hear back soon.  Thank you for responding!

@Carterseabright  If you requested to port (transfer) your number from your previous provider then the calls are still going to the old providers VM. This is normal and it means that the port is not 100% complete. If that is the case then you will receive a text from Public Mobile notifying you when the port has been completed. At that point you should start to receive incoming calls.

Carterseabright

No they are not going to the public mobile voicemail.  I must have made a mistake when setting up the new account I guess 😞  I have sent a private message and I hope to hear back soon.  Thank you for responding!

Carterseabright

Thank you, I have sent a private message to the mod, I am sure I will hear back soon.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Carterseabright wrote:

I switched to public mobile yesterday and brought my own phone with me (May 14) and since then I am unable to receive incoming calls.  Incoming calls are going straight to voicemail

Outgoing calls, text and data are working.

I have an Andriod device ( Samsung)

Can anyone help or direct me please?  

Thank you 🙂

@Carterseabright  Are incoming calls going to your Public Mobile Voicemail?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Carterseabright As you just started with yesterday , did you request a port-in of your number?It sounds like you may have a port in progress.  They can usually take between 5 min to 2 hours to complete. 

If you wait longer than 12 hours I would ask the moderators to look at it.  Send them a private message , provide them with your name, account number, and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.