cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot re activate SIM card

Chris_dorrestyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I have a few SIM cards. I have a two issues with them. First they make me use separate accounts for each SIM card. It’s hard to keep track of them. 

Second problem the one SIM card I only use when I’m at my cottage and now I can’t seem to activate it. It was active not that long ago. I tried my last email address it could be linked to and it says no email on file for account. I try to make a new one and it says invalid sim 

18 REPLIES 18

qamar_zaman

Today, it is third day I am out of service. Help has not arrived yet.

qamar_zaman

Any update? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chris_dorrestyn

It must have been over the 90 days. I replaced my sim with a new one and all is good. 

qamar_zaman

Any updates? Can anyone help me?

qamar_zaman

Yes, While searching I have tried many times It says again and again, but no success. I get the message invalid sim both on the activation page and when I restart phone with the Public mobile sim. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qamar_zaman wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to activate the PublicMobile sim. I am porting from Rogers. It seems, I am out of service from Rogers. My Public Mobile sim is not activated. 

During the activation process on the last step, I got a message "Porting unsuccessful, but not to worry and try again". I have been trying since than, but no success. When I try to log in, it says, account not valid. When I try again for porting process, it says sim invalid. 

After searching for hours, I could not find any solution.

Help needed. 

After "searching for hours", have you tried again? Maybe don't do the port just yet. Grab a new number and then port afterwards. Your Rogers account needs to be active to port though.

qamar_zaman

Hi,

I am trying to activate the PublicMobile sim. I am porting from Rogers. It seems, I am out of service from Rogers. My Public Mobile sim is not activated. 

During the activation process on the last step, I got a message "Porting unsuccessful, but not to worry and try again". I have been trying since than, but no success. When I try to log in, it says, account not valid. When I try again for porting process, it says sim invalid. 

Help needed. 

qamar_zaman

Hi,

Help needed. 

qamar_zaman

Hi,

I am trying to activate the PublicMobile sim. I am porting from Rogers. It seems, I am not out of service from Rogers. My Public Mobile sim is not activated. 

Help needed. 

Chris_dorrestyn

Well that solves that mystery 

thanks for everyone’s help and input 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris_dorrestyn , there's nothing that can be done about problem number one.  It's everyone's problem, one line, one account. 

Concerning your second problem, SIM cards can only be activated once.  Once activated, it will be associated with a particular account and will stay that way forever.  If you want to pause a service, you can stop paying and allow it to go into suspension for up to 89 days and still be able to pay and restore the service.  After 90 days of suspension, the account deactivates and the SIM card associated with the account becomes useless.  If the line you use sparingly has been suspended too long, the service can't be restored.  You need to get a new SIM card and start the activation process from the beginning. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Chris_dorrestyn   Has it been more than 90 days since the SIM was active? After 90 days the account is deleted and the SIM permanently disabled.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Chris_dorrestyn  Has it been more than 90 days since the SIM was active? After 90 days the account is deleted and the SIM permanently disabled.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Chris_dorrestyn  Has it been more than 90 days since the SIM was active? After 90 days the account is deleted and the SIM permanently disabled

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Chris_dorrestyn Has it been more than 90 days since the SIM was active? After 90 days the account is deleted and the SIM permanently disabled.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Chris_dorrestyn Has it been more than 90 days since the SIM was active? After 90 days the account is removed and the SIM permanently deactivated.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Chris_dorrestyn Has the SIM been inactive for more than 90 days? After 90 days accounts are removed and the SIM is disabled.
Need Help? Let's chat.