Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to remove the pause

ALL48
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

may be someone can give me an advice.

In July before going on vacation I paused the service for 90 days (the credit card expired and I did not update it at that time). Now I am trying to login to remove the pause and pay for the service but getting the error message:

LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

I wonder why the login is disabled if I am still within 90 day period   and how I am supposed to pay for the service now?

thanks!

31 REPLIES 31

Cool beans, that's great to hear the moderators were able to get the number for you again. If your friend did actually go through purchasing that payment voucher, you can still apply that to your balance which will be used for future Plan cycles.  Yeah, BC has 5 area codes now: 604, 250, 778, 236, 672.

I hope you also got the walmart deal going on now for the free SIM too. (Did you have a friend's referral code too? if not you might also be able to ask a moderator to apply one after the fact)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALL48 

236 is a newer province-wide overlay for BC. I was looking for an older style number a while ago but saw some nifty numbers under 236 flipping through them many times like you did. So I took a couple for a couple lines.

Glad it all worked out for you. I guess you an original Telus family number that hadn't been taken by someone else in the meantime.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ALL48 So glad everything worked out for you in the end!

ALL48

Hello, this is the last update, the end of the  end so to speak.

The number has been recovered.

Today I called a friend in Canada, she ran to local Walmart (BC)  at 9 AM, bought a voucher (?! but this only one PM related thing she could find on the shelf).

When I explained one more time, she ran to Walmart again, waited till 10AM when the department selling SIM cards opens and asked for a PM SIM card.

The guy selling PM SIMs said that he could sell a PM SIM card only with activation for 25$ - in this case a random number would be assigned. I had to call (Voice over IP)  and explain the situation personally, after that the guy said "My system does not allow me selling just a SIM, but I will make an exception since this is a weird and unfortunate case." 

So the friend took a picture of SIM and sent it back to me in order I could activate it online. I registered a new account (a complete copy of my previous one - normally it would never work due to security reasons but it worked in case with PM - another surprise) and tried to select my old number - you are presented with a list of 5 or 6 numbers, if you want to see more you press the button "More options" and next 5 or 6 numbers are added to the list.

So, I clicked the button about 35-40 times (probably spent good 20-25 minutes) -> 35 * 5 => I went through, at least if not more,  175 numbers, the web page became really slow.

I saw only 3 numbers starting from 778 and the rest is the bunch of numbers starting from 236 - I have never  seen such numbers in my area.

I have chosen one of  778 numbers and customized 4 last digits to make it identical to my old number and checked  availability - NOT AVAILABLE.

In complete despair I again contacted the moderator (the total number of messages we exchanged - 14) and she said - "oh, you cannot choose the old number yourself, the system does not allow that but I can do it for you, just select a new random number and I will replace it with your old one".

That means that I could actually get a PM SIM in Walmart with activation and a random number but how I could have known that?

Anyway, the moderator helped me with changing my new random number with the old one and I am very happy that I have my number back.

All in all, the  procedure turned out to be very time consuming (plus I have to waste time of other people) and expensive and but it succeeded in the end. Looking back - if I had known that something like that could happen I would never even think about suspending the service.

Special thanks to Fatima!

ALL48

@JoyLuck wrote:

After hitting reply choose 3 horizontal dots to expand selection and choose quote icon.

Holy Moly! 

Yes, when I was searching for quote option I have checked those 3 dot menus (both in the original message and "reply to message" window but did not check the tooltip/hint  of each individual icon. Don't know even what to say other than this is the first time when I see such elegant way of "quote" option implementation. 

As a side note - to  people who manage this forum. If the user  clicks "reply"  inside of the _specific_ message it already means (supposed to mean) that he wants to reply to the author of the post in question.  I can not even think  about a reason why quoting done in such awkward way. Unbelievable...

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ALL48 wrote:

and one more thing - can someone please explain how I can quote the previous poster?

I press "Reply"  in the message I want to reply but the text of the previous message is not quoted /inserted automatically. I am really confused...

@ALL48

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 6.34.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 6.35.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 6.37.37 PM.png

@ALL48 wrote:

and one more thing - can someone please explain how I can quote the previous poster?

I press "Reply"  in the message I want to reply but the text of the previous message is not quoted /inserted automatically. I am really confused...

After hitting reply choose 3 horizontal dots to expand selection and choose quote icon.

@ALL48 

On the bright side, if you sign up a new account at walmart until the 21st I think, you get a free sim, and free 2nd month. And $10 credit on top of that too if you use a friends referral code.

it's in their current flyer - which can be found online too..

Tip: Sign up with an alberta number in store to save PST on your initial payment. Then at home later you can add some extra PST-free balance topup before changing number to your preferred province - although you have less flexibility in number choice for a number change. (Initial signup has a last 4 digit search, change number does not)

ALL48

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ALL48 wrote:

>As you say you carefully read several topics on this prior to departure you must have come >across numerous people advising to do the renewal at day 85 or so just in case.

You are right I sure did (not those INCLUDED /EXCLUDED) but some sort of warning. Believe you  or not but I set the reminder on my S10 for October 10. And I saw the reminder in the morning but could not get access to the Internet that day (I am constantly on the move here, one of the relatives got mild form of COVID, she was not even hospitalized and told (and even made to sign the paper agreeing to pay a huge penalty if she leaves the house) to stay inside for 14 days. Luckily for her the situation is more or less OK and we hope she will recover soon).

Yes, this is my fault and I don't deny that but looks like I did my best to avoid this situation - simply did not work out. But may be it happened for a reason, we will see.

@ALL48 Hopefully everyone is OK. Good luck, hope everything works out for out.

ALL48

>As you say you carefully read several topics on this prior to departure you must have come >across numerous people advising to do the renewal at day 85 or so just in case.

You are right I sure did (not those INCLUDED /EXCLUDED) but some sort of warning. Believe you  or not but I set the reminder on my S10 for October 10. And I saw the reminder in the morning but could not get access to the Internet that day (I am constantly on the move here, one of the relatives got mild form of COVID, she was not even hospitalized and told (and even made to sign the paper agreeing to pay a huge penalty if she leaves the house) to stay inside for 14 days. Luckily for her the situation is more or less OK and we hope she will recover soon).

Yes, this is my fault and I don't deny that but looks like I did my best to avoid this situation - simply did not work out. But may be it happened for a reason, we will see.

@ALL48 wrote:

>> From and including: Sunday, July 19, 2020
>>To and including: Saturday, October 17, 2020

>>Result: 91 days

>>It is 91 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

This is really convenient math to get 91 day. But how on earth one can know that "from and INCLUDING" and "to and INCLUDING". Is it written somewhere in plain English? Why not ""from and EXCLUDING" and and "to and EXCLUDING" + 12 hours to cover time difference/different time zones? And clearly state "by the end of the day GMT/UTC".

In my memory serves me well the only place where I get the info about 90 days was the forum. I carefully read several topics before departure, nobody mentioned those "INCLUDING" additions. Then how is it possible to know about all "INCLUDING business? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

Missed Payments

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ALL48 wrote:

In my memory serves me well the only place where I get the info about 90 days was the forum. I carefully read several topics before departure, nobody mentioned those "INCLUDING" additions. Then how is it possible to know about all "INCLUDING business? 

@ALL48 You are right that it can be a bit confusing. As you say you carefully read several topics on this prior to departure you must have come across numerous people advising to do the renewal at day 85 or so just in case. Not much good to you now but maybe others reading this can benefit.

@ALL48 I'm not sure the actual math PM uses, but that's worst case. If you're at 88 or 89 you need to get ahold of the mods asap as previously suggested...

ALL48

>> From and including: Sunday, July 19, 2020
>>To and including: Saturday, October 17, 2020

>>Result: 91 days

>>It is 91 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

This is really convenient math to get 91 day. But how on earth one can know that "from and INCLUDING" and "to and INCLUDING". Is it written somewhere in plain English? Why not ""from and EXCLUDING" and and "to and EXCLUDING" + 12 hours to cover time difference/different time zones? And clearly state "by the end of the day GMT/UTC".

Uh oh:

From and including: Sunday, July 19, 2020
To and including: Saturday, October 17, 2020

Result: 91 days

It is 91 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

ALL48

The end:  after going through authentication procedure (how many of you know their account  number (probably 12 digit long  number) or remember the date and amount of the last payment (in my case it was in April) or  rate plan on the account)  I was told that the account was deactivated today and nothing can be done.

So, it seems to me that deactivation happened in 89 days and not 90, plus the fact that PM did not bother to send an email  warning me about coming deactivation ( but I got a lot of garbage like  "Summer tips for staycations, sun safety and more: Public Mobile presents TELUS Talks Health" 

or

"Want an easy way to access healthcare?"

or

"Make the most out of your summer with some helpful mindfulness and outdoor exercise tips: Public Mobile presents TELUS Talks Health"

- I did not ask for any of that)

makes me think that may be all this happened for the better and I need to switch to a different, more mature wireless provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALL48 

If you can dial a North American toll free number somehow then can you try 18554public?

ALL48

>What happens when you dial 611?

I am in Europe now and will be back to Canada at the begging of November. So I cannot call 611, I cannot receive from PM a verification code, I just need to be able to login into my account to make a payment if this is possible.

BTW, looking at the PM authorization/verificaion procedure I clearly see that it was not carefully thought through.

Just in case like that - service is blocked, phone is not working, login is disabled. But everything in PM starts from account verification and for that one needs a working login, a working phone number. Do you see a problem?

I don't understand why PM cannot use the email on the file to send some sort of answer to a security question. I think then it would not be any different from a situation when the user resets its password - it is done through email. But I cannot do that now too because I am getting the error message that the user is disabled i.e. PM does not want to send anything to the account owner's email address.

So, one way or another, there is definitely some room for improvement.

Yes, I will notify the forum about the result - so far there is none since mods want me to verify the ownership either by login into account or using the phone number. So, we are going in circles.

@ALL48 wrote:

In July before going on vacation I paused the service for 90 days (the credit card expired and I did not update it at that time). Now I am trying to login to remove the pause and pay for the service but getting the error message:

I strongly suspect that you waited too long. If that's the case, your account is gone. Sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALL48 

What happens when you dial 611?

I'm betting your service just deactivated. It has been suggested time and again around here to reactivate day 85 or so. Not day 90. What if something glitches? What if your counting of 90 days is off? What if you thought (you didn't) it was 3 months and not just 90 days?

But yeah maybe for one day they could do something. Ask real nice like. 🙂

@ALL48 wrote:

not sure how to quote, but thanks you ALL for your help and the link, I just sent the message to the moderator.

On the other hand - may be I am wrong, may be the service is already deactivated.

I used the date calculator:

https://www.timeanddate.com

added 90 days to July 19th and ended up with Oct, 17th i.e. today.

So, today is my due date but not being able to login I cannot make a payment. All this is very unfortunate  since I really don't want to lose the number. 

On the other hand, may be this is  a chance to switch from Public Mobile to something else since anyway the phone number is lost.

Due date is in Easten Time and I believe the renewals are done very early in the morning. I am on the west coast and even though my renewal date is Oct 10, the renewal process starts the evening of Oct 9 due to the time difference.

@ALL48 

The problem is that July 19th is the day 1 not the day 0. Once you get suspended you can still log in and see the due day they give last day and time

Again tell them you are trying for couple of days maybe it will work if it's even possible, they will try

And if you don't mind letting us know the outcome too so we know for the future users with the same issue, maybe it is still your last day and the system is just having a glitch and w let you in because of that.

Thank you

ALL48

not sure how to quote, but thanks you ALL for your help and the link, I just sent the message to the moderator.

On the other hand - may be I am wrong, may be the service is already deactivated.

I used the date calculator:

https://www.timeanddate.com

added 90 days to July 19th and ended up with Oct, 17th i.e. today.

So, today is my due date but not being able to login I cannot make a payment. All this is very unfortunate  since I really don't want to lose the number. 

On the other hand, may be this is  a chance to switch from Public Mobile to something else since anyway the phone number is lost.

Both July and August have 31 days, I think you may have been one day late, you were supposed to make payment until 11.59 est yesterday

I'm so sorry

This is why it's a good idea to give it only 85 days

Try reaching out to mods

Tell them that you are trying to log in for couple of days it may work, but no guarantee

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@ALL48 wrote:

>>@ALL48 hello  what date in july was your account suspended?

July 19. I cannot submit the ticket because public mobile require account verification - but I cannot login i.e. catch 22.

@ALL48 

You can send a direct private message to moderator team

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ALL48

>>@ALL48 hello  what date in july was your account suspended?

July 19. I cannot submit the ticket because public mobile require account verification - but I cannot login i.e. catch 22.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ALL48 wrote:

Hello,

I wonder why the login is disabled if I am still within 90 day period   and how I am supposed to pay for the service now?

thanks!

@ALL48 hello  what date in july was your account suspended?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ALL48 wrote:

Hello,

thanks!

@ALL48 hi are you sure it's less than 90 days? sounds like your to late and your account is closed

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ALL48 

If you are within the 90 days and cannot log in contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.