cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create account !?

eric_music
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I switch to PM today from another carrier in a branch store.

The staff helped me to activate everything, she even asked me to write my email and A 4 DIGITS PASSWORD on a memo (I guessed it is for account registration), then she completed the process.

But when I back home and wanted to use the self-service, I used the email to login and using the forgot password function, the system said CANNOT VERIFY THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. But the funniest thing is that before I attempted to login in the self-service, I received email from PM! 

And then I tried to create a new account by entering my phone number, the system said "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already." 

What the hack is going on lol? 

Can anyone help me? 

Many thanks!!!

11 REPLIES 11

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eric_music wrote:

I don't think I entered my info correctly because all my info is auto-fulled by my web browser. 

so wired isn't it? lol

If you did enter your info incorrectly, you definetly need to write to the Moderator Team ASAP to fix things in your account.

eric_music

I don't think I entered my info correctly because all my info is auto-fulled by my web browser. 

so wired isn't it? lol

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From what you've told us already we can probably assume the follwing is true:

1. Since you said you received a confirmation email or welcome email from public, it must mean that Public has your correct email address already, so whateven email account you recieved their emails is the one they have on file.

2. Since you say your phone is working and you can receive calls etc, it must mean that your public mobile service is working, so check your sim card and your phone left hand top corner to confirm that it says Public Mobile on phone screen top left corner - if it says that then it means your sim card is activated onto Public Mobile system.

3. Since you say you can't create a self-serve account because it says the email is invalid and the phone number is invalid or already used, it probably means that either you are entering the wrong password or that your email is too long or something that the system has your email correct but for some reason when you try to use it for creating or logging in to self-serve it's not being accepted. This happened to me that my email was fine for creating my account but too long to be used in the self-serve page. In this case you'll have to contact the Moderator Team via private message to fix things.

The fact that your phone is connected to Public and that you're getting emails from Public seems to indicate that Public has all your info correctly, but the problem is that you are entering that info incorrectly - like either the problem is you have the caps lock button on or something when you are putting in your password or email, or the problem is from Public like what happened to me etc your email is fine for activation but too long or not fine for the self-serve page for some reason.

@eric_music wrote:

Yes, my number is from my previous carrier. No, I don't think the staff helped me to create my selfserve account 

@eric_music  You will receive a text message from Public Mobile when your phone port is complete. Maybe try registering for your selfserve account once you receive the text.

You should also send a message to the moderator team notifying Thein that you cannot register for your self serve account. You should provide the email that was used to activate your account.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

eric_music

Yes, my number is from my previous carrier. No, I don't think the staff helped me to create my selfserve account 

@eric_music wrote:

I tried and the system said "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already" 

So weird!!

@eric_music  Did you port your number from another provider? Did the person that activated your account setup your selfserve account? 

eric_music

Yes, I can call and receive test message!

eric_music

I tried and the system said "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already" 

So weird!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@eric_music wrote:

The staff helped me to activate everything, she even asked me to write my email and A 4 DIGITS PASSWORD on a memo (I guessed it is for account registration), then she completed the process.

But when I back home and wanted to use the self-service, I used the email to login and using the forgot password function, the system said CANNOT VERIFY THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. But the funniest thing is that before I attempted to login in the self-service, I received email from PM! 

And then I tried to create a new account by entering my phone number, the system said "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already." 

Can anyone help me? 

Many thanks!!!

@eric_music Click here to register your selfserve account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eric_music wrote:

Can anyone help me? 

Many thanks!!!

Restart you brawser and create your self-serve account again.

Is your phone working send/receive calls and texts?

You need a working PM SIM to receive a text message with 6 digits code to create your self-serve account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@eric_music 

You will need to sign up for a self service account.  When you sign up in store, you did not register a self service account.

Use the following link:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.