cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call out

christinac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have activated my account with the wrong number. I am now able to call out but not receive calls. If there is any advice on what I may do to remedy this I would love to learn how to reactivate or get the number fixed so I can call out.

9 REPLIES 9

@Buclespau wrote:

When you port the number you need to provide the account number and associated pin if you have one. So I don’t think you can just port someone else number if that’s what you are suggesting. 

You're right that you the port won't be sucessful, but you can still actually assign anyone's phone number to your Public Mobile account. When Public Mobile change the phone number to your account, that's done immedaitely. At that point, Public Mobile has not checked the validity of such phone number transfer request.

Buclespau

When you port the number you need to provide the account number and associated pin if you have one. So I don’t think you can just port someone else number if that’s what you are suggesting. 

@darlicious wrote:

It's possible to port a random number? Would it not have to be associated to the right account number, name, carrier and device?

To port the number in, you would in need information about the account at the other carrier for verification purposes.  However, Public Mobile does not and cannot check for that when the customer makes the request.  And, because of the way Public Mobile (and Telus/Koodo) has the porting systems set up, you can actually assign a random or even someone else's phone number to your account on purpose.  The porting in will acutally fail if you do that, but that still would not prevent the phone number from being assigned to the Public Mobile account, and for the call display to show that phone number.

It's possible to port a random number? Would it not have to be associated to the right account number, name, carrier and device?

christinac

No options until I hear back from them but that's fine. Thanks for clarifying the process!

@christinac  good, if you contacted them you'll get a reply. It could be up to 48 hours or so, be patient!  Can you still use your old Sim card in your phone for now until they fix the mistake? 

christinac

That's correct, I typed the wrong number when I submitted the number to be ported. I am currently able to call out but I need to change the number to be ported. I have contacted the moderators and am hoping they can fix this.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@christinac  do you mean you ported a number and it's the wrong number? Because when you port a  number iys normal that you can call out but you can't get any calls for a bit until the port is complete 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@christinacYou would need to contact the moderators with this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to get it sorted out.. expect to hear from the about 48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.