cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Network

aafoster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

This mornig i noticed that I was unable to connect to the network. Upon clicking the network icon on my phone it gave me a few reasons why.

1) Exhausted Data Plan - I am under the data in my monthly plan  currently at 1.25GB of 2.0GB

2) Your Base Plan has Expired -  not sure what this means? A new plan is starting on Nov 22

3) You are roaming on a partner netowrk in the USA - I am not in the USA

4) Phone Lost or Stolen - I currently have my phone

5) your account has been suspended due to fraudulent activity - I am not a fraudster

Has anyone else had these issues?  It appears to be totally random.

9 REPLIES 9

aafoster

@srlawren Great information - was wondering how and why my data these dates got misaligned. 

I was running a pretty tight data plan, the data upgrade will help with this.  Thank again for everyones help

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aafoster because your Public Mobile plan is *exactly* 30 days rather than a calendar month, do note that your new cycle start date can change from month to month.  On months that follow a month with 30 days, there will be no change; on months that follow a month with 31 days, your new cycle start date will be 1 day sooner; in March on a non-leap year, your new cycle start date will be 2 days later, and 1 day later in a leap year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

aafoster

@popping Hello, it appears i had entered the wrong Plan cycle in my phone to calculate and track data usage.  I had the 27th of each month, where in fact it was the 22nd.  So in fact i was at my data limit. Adding additional data (and also upgrading plans solved this).

Thanks for everyones help. 

aafoster

Hi @mh1983 

No size converter on my phone.

Pulled the SIM and checked. appears to be fine.  Also check the APN - everything is correct as per APN settings article.

aafoster

@srlawren Hello - yes i have tried restarting my phone numerous times. no luck unfortunately

srlawren

@aafoster pardon me if this is a dumb question, but have you tried restarting your phone?  This fixes a lot of "weird" issues, especially if it's been some time since you last restarted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@aafoster

Login to self-serve. 

What is the data usage on the overview page?  1.25GB of 2.0GB?

Is your mobile data on your phone still enabled?

If you don't see anything reference of data usage on your overview page, you may have used your 2GB data for the current cycle.  When is your next renewal date?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure the SIM card is seated properly. Are you using a size converter or anything? Typically they should be avoided.

If it's seated properly, I'd Google how to do a hard reboot on your phone. 

If that reboot doesn't bump the network, check your APN settings. 

If none of that works, you may have to direct message a moderator.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can't say that I have ever experienced this.  What model of phone is this?   I assume everything looks normal in the self serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.