cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Public Mobile Account

georginabushell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello - i am unsure how to stop paying for and using Public Mobile. Do i just not pay the next amount due and it will stop wroking?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Canuks wrote:

I need to cancel my phone service

-------------------------

1. Remove payment card or

2. Port out.

Edit: ninja'd

@Canuks  I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel. Usually best to pick a category and ask your own question but here goes...remove your credit card from your account. Don't pay for your next cycle. 90 days after that your account will be cancelled. Porting out your number will close your account immediately but your account has to be active to do so.

kapil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

u can do that in self service

Canuks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Luddite wrote:

@will13am I thought trolling was something one did out on Lake Ontario trying to catch lake trout? Robot LOL

deepwater_trolling_schematic.jpg

deepwater fish.jpeg

I was referring to digital troll. 

@will13am I thought trolling was something one did out on Lake Ontario trying to catch lake trout? Robot LOL

deepwater_trolling_schematic.jpg

deepwater fish.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@georginabushell wrote:

Hello - i am unsure how to stop paying for and using Public Mobile. Do i just not pay the next amount due and it will stop wroking?

I dont think you are BUT if you are transferring (aka porting) to another company do not cancel your PM line. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Okay people, stop trolling the troll. 

Getting back on topic here, @georginabushell as already advised simply removing the payment card from the account and allowing the account to go into suspension for 90 days will delete the account.  If at any time within the 90 day suspension period you decide to re-instate the account, all you have to do is make a payment and restore the account to active status.  There are no charges for the suspension period.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GreatCanadian: Maybe he has a hate-on for the moderators and the company and wants to clutter them up with useless requests. Even this newcomer noticed his pattern. I get canned responses...that's fine. But proper canned responses would be rather more useful.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous why do you keep posting this useless information. I just viewed your profile, and your last FIVE posts, in FIVE different threads, were the exact same as this one. You do not help the posters who are asking questions, and you have to be a headache for the moderators.

GC

@Anonymous... PLEASE STOP with the useless posts of this message.

The original poster asked how to cancel their account, and two others (myself included) gave perfectly good answers.  In fact, there is no need to contact the moderators for this question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous: Why? The moderators don't need to do anything at all in this case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message to Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@georginabushell wrote:

If you have Auto-Pay on connected to a credit card then turn it off and remove your credit card. Then let your current term expire. Done.

This is a pre-paid service. You pay up-front. When you don't pay then your service stops.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If you are signed up for AutoPay, remove your card information.

Your next payment will not go through, and you will not be able to port your number out, UNLESS you do so before the end of your 'current' cycle.

BUT... PLEASE ensure your card information is removed before porting out as some have complained about charges after porting out.

Need Help? Let's chat.