cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling autopay

gtveith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to cancel one of my phone plans but cannot remember which email address, username, or password I used when I registered the phone number. I only remember my phone number. I can see that the monthly amount is deducted from my VISA card account but I have no way to stop it. How can I access the account so that I can cancel the plan? I no longer live in Canada so I don't need the SIM card or phone number.

8 REPLIES 8

@rbernardi17 

Call 611 and remove your auto payment.

You'll need to have your PIN number to do it that way though.

rbernardi17

I need to cancel one of my phone plan but cannot remember which email address, username, or password I used when I registered the phone number. I only remember my phone number.  The monthly amount is deducted from my  card account but I have no way to stop it. How can I access the account so that I can cancel the plan?

@deepti10  Do as the above post suggests.

Call 1-844-4PUBLIC enter the number and disable AutoPay using the account PIN.

deepti10

I bought a public mobile connection for my mom who is now back to her home country. I want to cancel the auto pay as payments are still getting deducted. But I cant use the sim as its wth her and she cant even use it as she is in another country. I haven't set up an account. Please help me cancel the autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

geopublic suggested calling 611 until he edited it.

You could also call the 8554public number if it's accessible from wherever you are.

But you'll then need the 4 digit PIN that you would have set up when you activated the line. That you might find in an initial text from here.

Or if the SIM is with someone in Canada, they could insert it into a phone and use 611 and your PIN to turn autopay off.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@@

Edit. Send the card back have a friend dial 611 and disable autopay. But best to submit a ticket.psf.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gtveith wrote:

I need to cancel one of my phone plans but cannot remember which email address, username, or password I used when I registered the phone number. I only remember my phone number. I can see that the monthly amount is deducted from my VISA card account but I have no way to stop it. How can I access the account so that I can cancel the plan? I no longer live in Canada so I don't need the SIM card or phone number.

If you look back in all your possible email inboxes you should find the welcome email. That would tell you the email address you used. Then try the Forgot your password? link and look in that inbox (or maybe junk folder) for the response if it comes.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You will need moderator help, if it can be done at all. Hard to confirm you are the owner of the account with just the phone number.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.