cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Account

SnowyJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am moving to Australia and as such have no need for a Canadian number anymore.

21 REPLIES 21

Josh34

Ok i guess it would.

@Josh34 wrote:

Is there a way to get a refund of my monthly payment,it auto renewed on the 27 ,why? I was planning to not renew anymore.

If you want to stop payments you need to go into your self serve account and remove auto pay  and your credit card information. As long as auto pay is on the system will grab the funds and renew your service.

This is a prepaid carrier, and the ToS state that there are no refunds. You can try and (nicely!) reach out to me moderators as outlined above. Refunds to your credit card, in the rare occasion that they are granted at all will take a long time (weeks or even months).

Personally, at this point I would just suck it up, make sure that the system is not able to renew next time, and use the service for another 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Josh34 wrote:

Why on the 27 th though? Its not close to the last day yet.

Last day of what? It's a moving 30 day term. It slowly advances up.

Josh34

Why on the 27 th though? Its not close to the last day yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Josh34 wrote:

Is there a way to get a refund of my monthly payment,it auto renewed on the 27 ,why? I was planning to not renew anymore.

Generally not. The system did what it was told to do. It can't know that you didn't want to renew.

Log in to your self-serve and remove your payment card. This will shut off autopay. After suspension, you get 90 days to possibly re-enable the account. After that...history.

Josh34

@JimMc21 wrote:

I will not be renewing with Public Mobile. Please discontinue my cell number.

You can do that by yourself. Just take out your credit card information in your self serve account and your account, phone and sim will be closed or unusable after 90 days.

JimMc21

I will not be renewing with Public Mobile. Please discontinue my cell number.

You can ask the moderator...but don't hope too much...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Nina11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What about the cash deposited from my bank account ??

No @Nina11 you will not receive any refunds...prepaid..sorry for you..

Nina11

What a rip off! 41$ is a lot of money down the drain public Mobile wtf

Nina11

Hey 19$ of the avail funds are prepaid the rest is from my bank account 

Nina11

Ok but does that mean that my avail funds on my account will be reimbursed to my bank account ??

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nina11 wrote:

I need to cancel my phone but I have 41$ on my account still!? I need that back!! What do I do????

@Nina11Screenshot_2019-02-28-05-52-45.png

Nina11

I need to cancel my phone but I have 41$ on my account still!? I need that back!! What do I do????

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

No need to do actual cancellation.  Just stop paying and delete any credit card from account.  Where in Australia are you moving?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SnowyJ 

Enjoy it down under..dont feed the dingo's..😀

SnowyJ

Ok awesome!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SnowyJ wrote:

I am moving to Australia and as such have no need for a Canadian number anymore.

Log into your account and remove credit card from autopay. Your account will suspend on renewal date. Good luck .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congrats on move. Simply disable autopay and delete your credit card from your Self-serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.