cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Account and get refund

Grannyhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up an account in error in January. The SIM card was never installed or used in any device, thus no usage ever occurred. I wrote to a moderator in January but never received a reply.

I have searched and can not find out how to cancel that account. I believe I should receive a rebate as the account was NEVER used.

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Grannyhan wrote:

I set up an account in error in January. The SIM card was never installed or used in any device, thus no usage ever occurred. I wrote to a moderator in January but never received a reply.

I have searched and can not find out how to cancel that account. I believe I should receive a rebate as the account was NEVER used.

@Grannyhan  Public Mobile is a prepaid service and does not offer refunds. If your account is more than 90 days old without being renewed then it automatically gets cancelled so noting else for you to do. If you are still being charged because of AutoPay then you can contact the moderator to disable the AutoPay. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grannyhan wrote:

Send them another message with proof of the fact that you sent them a message then.

Are you sure you don't see a notification from them indicated by a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of the window.

Not sure how you could go through the multiple screens and set everything up and then oops I didn't mean to do that.

The account is history now though.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Grannyhan As per the Terms of Service you had agreed when you signed up

• Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated.

Need Help? Let's chat.