cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the time zone on Usage History.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I noticed that the time zone on my usage history is all being shown based on Eastern Time Zone. For example, if I place a call at 5:14 PM Mountain Time, the usage history is showing the call as being made at 7:14 PM. Is there a way to change this to my local time zone?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

I noticed that the time zone on my usage history is all being shown based on Eastern Time Zone. For example, if I place a call at 5:14 PM Mountain Time, the usage history is showing the call as being made at 7:14 PM. Is there a way to change this to my local time zone?

@WoozyPolarBear @Korth @Anonymous  Strangely enough I have noticed in the usage history that texts are et but phone calls are local time. In this case pt. At first I was confused why the times were not chronological  then realized calls were noted local time and texts and data et. Same for you? Or all at et?

@darlicious 

I tested a text and a call from/to PM accounts and text in/out were ET and call in was ET but you're right call out was local.

Way t' make me test it. 🙂 I had simply seen and concluded that everything ran on ET.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear @Korth @Anonymous  Strangely enough I have noticed in the usage history that texts are et but phone calls are local time. In this case pt. At first I was confused why the times were not chronological  then realized calls were noted local time and texts and data et. Same for you? Or all at et?

Fido until August of this year when I noticed they announced they had discontinued this practice (I wonder why...) would require customers to cancel any top ups of service to be cancelled by the end of their monthly billing or be charged for that top up the following month til cancelled. I discovered this and it took 3 phone calls to agents and finally a manager to get the charge reversed. We had sent the appropriate CANCEL text at 11:14 pm pst but fido considered it 2:14am est the following day. However this is not stated anywhere in the terms of service, contract terms or "small print" pertaining to top ups (in this case data.) In was only after I thoroughly read the Wireless Code of Canada that I realized they had consistently been breaking the code in regards to overages and top ups. They also changed the billing usage details as they were previously impossible to tell when overages were being charged in relation to dates and time and what was included in your plan and what was chargeable usage. This was the main reason I cancelled the contract and still have not settled the account because they have not sent me (the account holder) the bill. They have only made it available to the device holder (not me.) I will have to deal with it but I'm waiting to see how long they will go without payment until they contact me. As they are required too as provisioned by the WCC. I am fully prepared to take my documentation of fido's repeated breaches of the WCC  in regards to my contract to the CCTC. I have a strong suspicion that their recent billing changes are the result of a recent decision by the CCTS in regards to another fido customers complaint of similar issues but have not updated more recent decisions on their website yet. I'm hoping it's a case of David slaying Goliath.

(double post, forum issues) 

@darlicious @@I've never heard of PM agents producing documents of any kind, lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Yes that would be more convenient when checking usage history. At least pm makes it obvious that everything goes on eastern time. I've had many arguments with fido about billing because they do not inform their customers that they operate on that time zone. Not a single agent had ever been able to produce documentation stating such.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

The odd thing about that is that my plan states it will renew at 2:00 AM ET on my renewal date, which would be exactly midnight local time. So I figured this is to make it adjusted to my local time zone.

And I'm out in the real west 🙂 and I see suspended at 9pm PT.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous 

The odd thing about that is that my plan states it will renew at 2:00 AM ET on my renewal date, which would be exactly midnight local time. So I figured this is to make it adjusted to my local time zone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Everything in the self-serve and accounts runs on ET.

The community can be set to whatever time zone you like but it's not technically connected to the phone system.

Need Help? Let's chat.