cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my data asking me to sign in.

Akcentalli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using note 8 dual sim phone last two years no problems with Koodo and public mobile simcards. Lately haven't been able to use data keep getting sign in to Network. Clicking loads nothing. So frustrated luckily I have the other sim works fine. Nothing has changed with my phone software or firmware was all working fine.

Screenshot_20200419-182214_Samsung Internet.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Akcentalli

Well I have 3 sims active with Telus and sub companies. This number has been with me 20 years. Was annoying that I needed to use another data connection just to add data. Now I'm with Rogers 50 gb comes 81+ tax. Next is to cancel my 75 Telus line. Any one wants it ?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Akcentalli with the dual SIM, try taking both out switching the position and see if the one that currently works will work in the PM spot. if it doesnt then it is an issue with your phone. Of it does sounds.like an issue with your SIM. Have you checked to make sure your account is not in suspension?

@Akcentalli wrote:

It's saying my account is expired can't see my data or my free 1 GB. Renewed on Jan 26 and renews on April 26. So why is expired nothing worng with my phone.

20200419_184821.jpg

edit by mimmo: removed image as it had personal info

@Akcentalli , the advice from @YVR and @mimmo is correct.  You have run out of data.  All data is treated as if it is an add-on.  The way add-on display works is that when it is all used up, it disappears.  Right now, your account only has talk add-on that is not completely used up.  If you go to the overview tab, you will see no data shown there also, just the talk add-on.  

@Akcentalli  Try the PM SIM card in another phone. If it works then the issue is related to your phone configuration. If it still doesn't work then the issue is with your account. You should submit a ticket to PM and ask them to fix your account provided that you plan was renewed properly as you say.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

According to selfserve your data is used up, as data addons are   not being listed

What does your phone's usage history say?

The login message is also a clear indicator that you have not data /used it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Akcentalli wrote:

I have tried everything. No ssues on my side. I've reset Network, manual select network, different sim slots tried it all. Can't even see how much data was used was used. I will cancel likely before I renew this not good service.

So you've been here for quite some time now and you have a grandfathered plan that they let you keep unlike some other providers and you have a bit a problem now and that's it you throw up your hands and say this is "not good service" threatening to cancel. I see. Enjoy the rates elsewhere.

Now that my rant is out of the way...maybe another thing to check is the Network mode or whatever it might be called in your Connections. Make sure it says things like LTE or 4G or WCDMA or 3G or UMTS or HSDPA. Hopefully as many of those as your phone will let you...not just one.

@Akcentalli  try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Akcentalli

I have tried everything. No ssues on my side. I've reset Network, manual select network, different sim slots tried it all. Can't even see how much data was used was used. I will cancel likely before I renew this not good service.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Akcentalli try manually selecting your network to public mobile. maybe the switching of sim cards changed something in your network settings.

Akcentalli

It's saying my account is expired can't see my data or my free 1 GB. Renewed on Jan 26 and renews on April 26. So why is expired nothing worng with my phone.

20200419_184821.jpg

edit by mimmo: removed image as it had personal info

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Akcentalli 

Switch the SIM cards between slots. 

If the problem staying at the same slot, it may  be hardware problem with that slot.

If the problem moves with the SIM card to the other slot, it may be the issue with that SIM card or provider account issue.

Akcentalli

Forgot to mention have half of my 12 GB data left also the free data 1gb add-on 

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Akcentalli 

You might have checked already if you had data left on public.  Have a look at self serve for how much data is left.  If you have data left in your billing cycle there is something else you can try.

You can also try lost/stolen toggle in self serve.  Restart you phone, this forces some sort of re provision to your sim and might get the data to work again.

Let us know if any of these work to help.

Another thing is try is switching your sims from slot 1 or 2 and vice versa.  

Need Help? Let's chat.