cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register to Self-serve to replace SIM card.

aj00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my phone but couldn't reactivate a new SIM card online since I wasn't able to register for an online account.

Thank you,

AJ

9 REPLIES 9

@NDesai wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@NDesai If they already have an account then they are able to login and change the sim them selves, right? If they don't have an account they can just use that sim to make an account. If they forgotten their password than the password reset is suppose to be working.Apparently I am missing something cuz I don't see the need to contact the Mods?

OP said he/she lost his phone. I figured that he/she probably lost the already activated PM sim and has an active line already, but OP has not created a self-serve account yet becuase it was probably activate at the retail store. If this is not correct, then yes, he/she needs to activate the sim. 

Cool, thanks. I wasn't 100% sure what they had done yet either. 

@krazykiwi wrote:

@NDesai If they already have an account then they are able to login and change the sim them selves, right? If they don't have an account they can just use that sim to make an account. If they forgotten their password than the password reset is suppose to be working.Apparently I am missing something cuz I don't see the need to contact the Mods?

OP said he/she lost his phone. I figured that he/she probably lost the already activated PM sim and has an active line already, but OP has not created a self-serve account yet becuase it was probably activate at the retail store. If this is not correct, then yes, he/she needs to activate the sim. 

Zia_219
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For your situation, it's easiest to just send a message to the mod team and have them give you a new number and sort it out.

@aj00 wrote:

I can't register since I won't be able to access the text confirmation sent. Any other option?

Ahh, then You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will change the sim card number on your account. Then you can register for the self-serve account. 

aj00

I bought a new SIM card but can't activate it since I don't have access to my account.

aj00

I can't register since I won't be able to access the text confirmation sent. Any other option?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@aj00 wrote:

Hi,

I lost my phone but couldn't reactivate a new SIM card online since I wasn't able to register for an online account.

Thank you,

AJ

Have you already activating a sim and opened an account with PM?

do you have your new phone and new sim?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@aj00 Where did you activate your sim? If you did it at the retail store, you have to create an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Once you create an account, you will be able to change your sim card number from your self-serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.