cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't redeem voucher codes

iacm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a 50 account top up voucher when I bought my new SIM card and when I try to activate it I can't redeem the voucher code (I bought a 25 dollar one to see if it was that voucher's issue and nope, can't use vouchers at all) I don't have a credit card so right now I'm left with a useless card and without phone number

7 REPLIES 7

@iacm 

You can activate with a voucher I have done it myself. Where did you purchase your vouchers? Some have a delay of up to 24 hours. What is the error message you are getting? Best to wait one hour before trying again. Then follow these pointers....

1. Clear your browser and/or try a different one.
  2. Reboot your device and/or switch devices.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome, safari or edge work best.

Write down your password, account pin#, security question and answer and put it in a safe place for future reference. When you get to the payment page enter your referral code and the promocode (if applicable) and take your time entering the voucher's 12 digit pin code so that you don't make a mistake....double check the code before submitting it.  

@iacm   Yes, at Step 4, just click Pay with Voucher

If you already got there and  didn't work, it probably as @Anonymous  said, you need to wait 24 hours as the system to some stores need the 24 hours to sync up the purchases.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iacm : You can absolutely activate using a voucher. If the voucher has multiple 12 digit sets then use the one called PIN#.

It's also possible that the vendor you bought from has a delay from purchase to valid. Sucks. But some do. Others work instantly.

Yes I used a Vanilla branded card and it works fine. But they have an up front fee. They're handy of course but a little expensive and then you spend them out and that's that.

You can also use a prepaid card like Koho. You can reload with etransfer and they pay you  back the etransfer fee. And they have a little bonus cashback for this place. Several people here have one and if you're interested I'm sure you could ask them about it in pm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iacm 

maybe is help you about it

another member name  z10user4, the post it this , 

I tried a so-called, branded as Vanilla Mastercard that didn't work. 

I tried a Visa Gift card from Home Depot of all places that worked fine.

No sign up. No identifying me through it. I used my address that Public Mobile has in the profile.

RobertQc uses a CanadaPost one and said any address would work.

visit here Solved: Setting up Autopay using Prepaid Mastercard/Visa - Community (publicmobile.ca)

and you have to buy it a visa card prepaid name vanilla,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iacm 

you can buy it  the visa card prepaid name vanilla, buy it from any gas station,and try it,,,

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser and incognito mode,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@iacm  No, you can't activate with voucher 

You might be able to activate with cash with mobile kiosks, but you need to call and check.

PM also accept Visa Debit from banks, do you have one?  Or can you have a friend to help you to activate with credit card first?  Then you can use vouchers for ongoing renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iacm 

sign in to Self-Serve, to your account, and payment

or dialing *611 on your device...

or calling 1-855-4PUBLIC (782542) Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt..

Need Help? Let's chat.