cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive TEXTS!!! - even after buying text ADD-ON!

ukilledanoob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I paid for the $8 unlitd texting add on but still cannot receive texts. I need to receive texts urgently

16 REPLIES 16

Wow, just wow.  The sheer comedy that this thread has become is great.

ive been without my daily driver today, until about 2 hours ago.  I had my phone in my pocket, it feel out while riding my bike to work, and someone picked it up and I didn’t know where it was when I got to work.  The horror!

i used find my device to see that it wasn’t anywhere near where I was between home and work, so I called my cell from a land line (omg, old tech). The person who had my phone answered and said she was attempting to call my emergency contact when I called her.  Due to work schedules, I couldn’t get my device back until about 10 hours later.

i used TextNow on a WiFi only iPad to contact her personal cell to arrange final delivery.  It was easy, other than I needed WiFi to do so.

im now going to get a SIM, to have an emergency only $10 PM plan with limiteded talk and text, and carry my previous device as an emergency backup. This is the first time I’ve lost my daily driver, and had no way to get it back easily.  Not going to be stuck again.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ukilledanoob wrote:

i'll try - this terrible service needs to stop. 

Companies should not be able to take advantage of the little guys.

@ukilledanoob I'm sorry, but these two statements baffle me.  Public Mobile offers several pre-configured plans and many many many other custom plans you can choose yourself in the plan builder tool.  Some of these offer certain services and not others.  You chose a plan that does not include any texting service, and you're upset that you don't have any ability to receive texts?  In what way do you feel that you are being taken advantage of?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ukilledanoob wrote:

Thanks everyone. 

You made the mistake and you are going to try and get CCTS to force PM to fix it.....Good Luck. Your better of doing as suggested, politely ask the Mods if they can credit you for "your mistake".

@ukilledanoob wrote:

Thanks everyone. 

I suggest you not waste time with the CCTS.  You can try to make the best of the current situation by getting onto the right plan.  I have use the CCTS many times successfully which is why I gave you all the pointers on a proper appeal. 

ukilledanoob

Thanks everyone. 

@ukilledanoob wrote:

this is dumb - im sending a complaint to ccts

Good luck with your complaint to the CCTS.  They require that you reach out to the carrier first and try to sort things out.  Only when there is an impasse should you use the CCTS.  They won't hear your case if you go directly to them.  Also, if you state in your claim that you are expecting a service that you did not buy, that would pretty much end the discussion.  You can't say this provider is unable to sell me a particular service and that is grounds for a complaint.  The CCTS does not regulate what a provider decides to sell.  They will intervene if a provider is not providing the service that a customer has purchased. 

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For $20 you can choose either CALL PLAN (current) or UNLIMITED TEXT PLAN (In build your own plan, BUT NO CALLS!!!).

This is not CCTS-able. It's your responsibility to see what options you have. You can try to get your addon refunded, but @imm1304 has made clear that they're not obliged to do so.

Try https://textnow.com. You get unlimited texting and unlimited US/Can calling for free. It just needs internet.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

imm1304

@ukilledanoob wrote:

Good luck with your complaint.  I honestly think that would be a waste of time because you chose a plan that doesn't include sms on a prepaid service.  However, you are free to complain as you wish.  

I did offer the cheap solution via fongo app if the sms is absolutely urgent.

Reach out to the @CS_Agent via private message and request a refund for the add-on.. which you bought by mistake and have no use for.  PM is not obligated to issue refunds on prepaid services.  However, as a goodwill gesture to you as a valued customer, they may help you.  

ukilledanoob

imm1304

You can't add local sms add-on.. unfortunately there isn't one available.

You can change your plan with one that includes sms. 

How far is your next renewal date?  You can weigh the costs of changing the plan right now from selfserve.

Also, just to receive the important sms right now, you can install the Fongo app and purchase their sms plan for $2-$3 a month.  Don't renew after the first month if you dont need it.  This can get the job done for you immediately.   Downside of FONGO:  You will need data access which will be wifi in your case for you to use it.

ukilledanoob

i am on the $20 unlimited calling plan that does not include texting.

Apparently it would seem there's no way to buy texting at all ..

srlawren

@ukilledanoob wrote:

Okay - how do i get Canadian Roaming today? Or am i SOL until renewal? 

@ukilledanoob there's no such thing as Canadian Roaming.  Are you on the $10 plan and ran out of texts?  Or are you on some other plan that does not inlcude texting?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ukilledanoob

Okay - how do i get Canadian Roaming today? Or am i SOL until renewal? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ukilledanoob The add-on you bought is for US roaming and it will only work while you are in US and have a base plan. You must have roaming turned on while in US to send and receive txts. 

srlawren

@ukilledanoob the $8 texting add-on is a US Roaming add-on.  It cannot be used to send or recieve texts while in Canada, and is not a substitute for including texting in your plan.

imm1304

Hello!

Do you have a base plan with PM?  Are you roaming in the US? 

Add-ons are meant to be added on top of your existing plan and dont work by themselves.  

Need Help? Let's chat.