cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port phone number from Telus, now Telus SIM doesn't work.

kdscv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I need help, trying to port two phones from Telus and the selfserve option isn't working for either. Tried emailing support with almost a week with no reply, even though it states 48 hour response. So far I'm not impressed.

So when trying to port my number from Telus it disconnected the # from Telus SIM but it's not ported on the PM SIM. I need this number as it's my main business phone and now it's lost. 

When I ty and report it, it just says "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mark_In_Black you've replied to a very old thread (dormant for about 18 months).  In future you'd probably be better off starting a new topic instead for better visibility.

In your case, you will probably need to reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  Here's all the details you'll need to know:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mark_In_Black

Hey all.

Trying to port a number from Telus. I enter the number into the field to check if it 's eligible, and I get a form that identifies the number to be ported as coming from a landline. It's a Telus cell number. 

When it fais, I get this error:

our Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

There's no space for serial number or old account number.

Please help.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kdscv was @Shazia_K able to resolve this for you?   

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kdscv

I'm sorry to hear about the activation/porting issue. 

Can you please send me a private message with your wife's Public Mobile SIM card number? Please also include : Telus account number. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kdscv

Thank you @JaK

So to sumurize futher, my first SIM now has its number ported and is working fine, however, my second SIM (intended for my wifes phone) does not. Not only does the site not allow me to port her number, her old Telus SIM no longer works either, she also got an email from Telus advising that our accounts are now both deactivated. 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @kdscv, welcome to Public Mobile, sorry your start has been a bit bumpy.

Glad to hear you finally got yours working. For your wife, one of the moderators can probably help straighten it out, they should be back online tomorrow morning. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

kdscv

Unable to port wife's number to her new PM SIM again from Telus. 

Error "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

This error occurs as soon as I click the "Check Eligibility" button. 

kdscv

UPDATE: Starting working. Now onto SIM #2

Need Help? Let's chat.