cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate sim cards need help ASAP!

mider111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 2 sim cards and 2 prepaid $25 vouchers for my parents. Last night we tried to activate them and went through the whole process and in the end, the activation process failed but now they don't have an account and when we try to register again the sim card # is invalid and can't get through the registration process. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14

@mider111I assume you mean the moderator_team.. it could be up to 48 hours..

If you are really in a hurry and urgent you can always go out and get another card and hopefully it works.

mider111

When do you think he'll get in touch with me?

@mider111Walmart kiosk will be Walmart hours... however they are just a reseller not tech support.. just be aware of that.

mider111

I found a kiosk at a Walmart nearby. I don't know the working hours though.

@mider111No there is no direct customer support hence the lower cost. We all just have to be patient or just move to other competitors (some charge for tech support, some charge just more monthly to cover the cost). Generally SIM cards can be activated once, if it failed the first time only the moderator_team can do something about it.

@mider111 

To offer lower cost plans, Public mobile does not have a customer service center or live agents.  Most contact is via private messaging to moderators.  

If you are desperate and live in one of the Major Canadian cities, Public mobile does have their own Kiosks in local malls.  Very limited number of kiosks though.  You could drop by and ask them to help activate account.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

These are Public mobile kiosks, not other vendors like Walmart, etc. 

mider111

I did but I really need those sim cards activated and if it takes 1-2 days delay it's not great. Don't they have like a customer service phone number or something?

@mider111 

You probably need to contact moderator as described above.  You have tried the usual suggestions from the community to activate your account.  

Moderators have direct access to accounts, technical help, etc.

mider111

I tried putting the SIM cards in the phones they don't work. Also tried clearing the cache, different browsers, and Incognito mode. Nothing worked!

mider111

I tried logging in and both accounts are not created. I don't know if I got charged because I use prepaid vouchers.

@mider111Were you charged for both plans? Have you tried logging into that account? The error code may have been an error and the account WAS created Smiley Frustrated

@mider111 

Chrome incognito mode seems to work well.  

Have you try putting your SIM card in your phones?  Sometimes, it is already activated.  

If not, you may need to contact moderator to help.  Expect 1-2 day delay.  Write a detailed message to moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mider111

I tried from a different laptop and it's been 7-8 hours since the activation failed. It still says invalid SIM #

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mider111 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  This happens quite often.  Give some time in between attempts (ie. one hour), as sometimes you get '"locked" out.

Trying a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode are other things that you can try.  

Need Help? Let's chat.