cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate account

DaveM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I enter the sim number and all the new account information. Then when I go to the Phone Number page nothing works.  I want to get a new number, but when I click the button nothing happens.   I have tried several times, cleared the cache and tried several more.  No luck.  The following message is dispalyed in red at the top:

OnlineActivation/PhoneNumber/LoadErrorMessage

4 REPLIES 4

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

And what I can read and see with my account it’s usually very slow in the evening @DaveM when more people are plug in... perhaps try later...

I agree with @Lieux. Evening really slows things down. It took five attempts before all my self serve and activation finally went through. I had to wait an hour between my 4th and 5th attempts and that it what worked for me!

And what I can read and see with my account it’s usually very slow in the evening @DaveM when more people are plug in... perhaps try later...

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@DaveM wrote:

I enter the sim number and all the new account information. Then when I go to the Phone Number page nothing works.  I want to get a new number, but when I click the button nothing happens.   I have tried several times, cleared the cache and tried several more.  No luck.  The following message is dispalyed in red at the top:

@DaveMIf @Psygineer's suggestion of a different browser does not work, make sure you are at an actual computer and not using a mobile device (tablet/cellphone) or safari. If you are using a VPN, log off and use your regular internet connection. If that still does not work come back in 1 hour and it probably will. Self serve / activations have random temporary issues at random intervals through out the day that last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.

One more thing to note, is to go very slowly during activation. When you click once, wait until the page loads. Do not click twice, do not click "show me more numbers" until the previous ones have loaded and the page is complete for at least 5 seconds. I have personally generated every error imaginable when activating plans by trying to click quickly. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@DaveM wrote:

I'd try using a different browser or use incognito mode. It could be one of your browser plugins (either installed by you or features of the browser itself) is messing with the PM site. 

Need Help? Let's chat.