cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my account

Tonyc779
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a plan for my father and he said its not working. I had my credit card on auto pay so that shouldn't be the issue. The password he gives me isn't working but im not even 100% sure the email address is correct. The plan is in my name. What can I do to fix this? I can't reach him now without the phone working.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tonyc779  Public's Auto-Pay system is known to fail on occasion so it's best to make a manual payment a couple of days before his plan renewal to avoid this problem in the future. Hopefully Public can resolve this Auto-Pay issue sooner rather than later.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tonyc779  While waiting for moderators, ask your dad to call 611 and report what happens?

As emergency backup install TextNow on his phone and he will be able to call/text, for free, with wifi. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tonyc779 wrote:

... What can I do to fix this? I can't reach him now without the phone working.

If the autopay failed to renew you account, your account will be suspended and your phone stopped working.  90 days after your account was suspended, PM will cancel your account.

How long you phone was not working?

If it is over 89 days since your phone stopped working, you account may be canceled.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tonyc779 wrote:

I got a plan for my father and he said its not working. I had my credit card on auto pay so that shouldn't be the issue. The password he gives me isn't working but im not even 100% sure the email address is correct. The plan is in my name. What can I do to fix this? I can't reach him now without the phone working.

Try the email using the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page.  It will tell you whether your email address was used with PM self-serve portal or not.  If it does not ask you the answer to your security question, your email address is wrong.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "forget password and answer to security question"

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Tonyc779 wrote:

Have you tried Forgot your password?

FYI: Autopay does fail.

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.