cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Create a Self Serve Account

shryn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 👋 

Ive been with Public Mobile for several months now, but I never got around to creating a self-serve account. Recently my SIM card got damaged so I ordered a new one. I have it but can not activate it since I do not have a self serve account. Vicious circle... I can't create an account since the only verification option is to receive a text and my phone is currently out of service. 

HELP please. 😞 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@shryn wrote:

Hi 👋 

Ive been with Public Mobile for several months now, but I never got around to creating a self-serve account. Recently my SIM card got damaged so I ordered a new one. I have it but can not activate it since I do not have a self serve account. Vicious circle... I can't create an account since the only verification option is to receive a text and my phone is currently out of service. 

HELP please. 😞 

@shryn 

To create a Self Serve account you do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Customers used to be able to change their SIM numbers through Self Serve accounts; but, that feature has been removed a couple of months ago. Others have provided methods to contact Moderators, so they can change it for you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shryn 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@shryn 

Customers will need moderator help to swap SIM cards anyways.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: SIM swap. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As you wait for moderator response (a few hours), you still can try to gain access to your self service account.  Did you activate in store (vendor) or at home?  If you activated at home, you would have created a self service account already and chosen your password.  If in store, then you will need to create a new self service account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, look like you have no choice but to open a ticket with mod to have both your issue sorted out (SIM change and setup Self-Serve account)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@shryn wrote:

Hi 👋 

HELP please. 😞 

You can't change sims in self serve any more. You have to ask a moderator.  Contact them by clicking the chat symbol on bottom o fhte screen. While you are talking to them, aslo fix, the self serve issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.