I recently opened a new Public Mobile Line and signed up for the $35 plan with 1.5GB. The data worked the first 2 days and after that stopped working. I get a message on the browser from Public Mobile, stating "You are unable to access the Web because of one of the following reasons;
Number 1- You have exhausted the data in your base plan
Number 2- Your base plan has expired
Number 3- You are roaming on a partner network in the USA
Number 4- Your phone has been reported lost or stolen
Number 5- Your account has been suspended due to fraudulent activity.
None of those reasons apply to my account. I have sent an e-mail to Moderator Team but no response yet. I really need the data.
if ur adamant, that u never used up the data, and ur accounts good. Didn't change configurations, then all u can do is wait for the mods or u can buy a addon, addons dont expire, so thats a plus if ur interested in going that route.
In addition to checking the usage-to-date under the My Data & Add-Ons section of your account (to confirm data hasn't been exhausted), have a look at your recent usage under Plan and Add-Ons --> Usage History, and see if the Data Usage numbers add up ... (just in case data was indeed consumed, even unintentionally).
@masoud100, if you don't see the data usage on the Overview page, then you have used all the data. This is a (bad) feature of the system, that when you consume the full amount of it, the addon is removed from this screen.
It doesn't show me anything about Data on the overview page.
@masoud100 as @stonechucker has noted, this means you have exhausted your plan data for your current cycle. It's not terribly difficult to run through a gig and a half in a couple of days if you're not careful.
Your phone can usually tell you what apps have been using the most data recently. If you're using Android, have a look here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-add-on-not-working/m-p/173522/high... If you're using iPhone, look here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-add-on-not-working/m-p/173894/high... but unless you manually reset the usage counters on iPhone periodically, this may not be terribly helpful.
@masoud100 further thoughs. Some things that can use up data quickly that you may or may not realize are going on:
1) Android/iOS update downloads (you can usually configure these to only happen over Wi-Fi and/or when you approve them to happen)
2) Speed tests -- many people don't realize these can use up a LOT of data very quickly, on each test run. Maybe you signed up on a "3G" speed data plan and were curous and ran a few speed tests? The first few days on a new "3G" plan you're actually on the full speed plan as the throttling is added manually approx 72 hours later, and on full unthrottled LTE a single test can use a half gig each easily.
3) App updates, if you haven't changed the App Store/Play Store to not do these automatically and/or not do them over mobile data
4) Tethering to a PC or Mac and browsing most web pages uses a TON of data and you may not realize it
5) of course the more obvious things like streaming audio or video, especially at full HD or 4K res video
Yep I agree with those speed tests data use as well. I was curious to see how fast Public Mobile LTE was?
Download: 90.37 Mbps
Upload: 12.11 Mbps