cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get Public mobile to work.

Dahlia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I unfortunately was not able to put time on my phone in May & June 2019 but I did put $22.00 today July 7th/19 I picked the plan I typically get and still have $13.00 in my account but I can not get Public mobile to work at all. Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's something very simple. Lol.    Oh you are speaking with Carrie.

20 REPLIES 20

Dahlia

Thank you

Dahlia

Thank you for merging these threads together.

I have merged a few of these threads together as they appear to be about the same issue. 

@Dahlia wrote:

In July 2019 I purchased a voucher to  add funds to my account. For some reason I was NOT able to access Public Mobile. On Saturday I purchased a new SIM CARD & I have activated the new SIM CARD so what my question is now, is there any chance of getting the fund's from the old (never to be used again account) to the new account. Also the funds I put on the phone were not used at all, so should i get those fund's now I feel I should. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

@Dahlia  Why did you activate a new sim card? If you had issues with your previous PM sim card you could have used selfserve to change sim cards without losing your funds.

Best to contact PM directly and explain in detail what happened and they will advise you on what can or cannot be done.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Dahlia

In July 2019 I purchased a voucher to  add funds to my account. For some reason I was NOT able to access Public Mobile. On Saturday I purchased a new SIM CARD & I have activated the new SIM CARD so what my question is now, is there any chance of getting the fund's from the old (never to be used again account) to the new account. Also the funds I put on the phone were not used at all, so should i get those fund's now I feel I should. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

@DahliaWell that's a hard question to answer since everyone's computer is likely to be different. I suggest consulting your own documentation on how to enable safe mode. eg here is Firefox's documentation.

As an alternative, if DIY on your own computer prove to be too difficult, you can always go to one of Public Mobile Booths or any of their resellers. They can help you activate. Just double check to make sure things like email address and passwords are entered correctly.

Dahlia

Okay and how do I do that.

@DahliaMake sure you are using a refreshly restarted, up to date web browser that has javascript enabled and no privacy or ad block add ons. As Public Mobile's website runs validating scripts to your entries. If you don't let them run the scripts, they won't accept your values. Since you mentioned you have trouble with both fields, I suspect that's whats happening.

Dahlia

Sorry for not replying or maybe I did already. I am new to all of this & experiencing some difficulty navigating the site. I tried everything suggested but yesterday I bought a new SIM CARD and it will NOT accept any password's or PIN number's I choose. So I've just posted that question & hopefully I can get it to work when I read some of the answers here. I do appreciate all of the help from the community.

Dahlia

I purchased a new SIM CARD yesterday & the activation was going fine BUT it will not accept any PASSWORD'S OR PIN NUMBERS that I choose. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dahlia  Power off your phone, remove your sim and then re-insert it and restart your phone.

If all the suggestions haven't worked then you need to send a message to Moderator_Team.

@Dahlia 

In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?

@Dahlia wrote:

Yes I did but it didn't work for me but thank you.

Do you have a button to reactivate the service?

Dahlia

Yes I did but it didn't work for me but thank you.

Dahlia

Yes and it didn't work for me. Thank you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dahlia wrote:

I have tried rebooting my phone already with no success.

Have you tried the lost/stolen trick as described by @Triguy ?

Dahlia

I have tried rebooting my phone already with no success.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dahlia wrote:

I unfortunately was not able to put time on my phone in May & June 2019 but I did put $22.00 today July 7th/19 I picked the plan I typically get and still have $13.00 in my account but I can not get Public mobile to work at all. Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's something very simple. Lol.    Oh you are speaking with Carrie.

Try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your self serve account is it active?

Try the lost phone trick. To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose  Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose  Lost/Stolen Phone  tab.  The choose  Suspend Service  tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.   Also try adding a payment of a $1.  If you still have problems tthen  contact a moderator by messaging them.   Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.