cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Port At Any Time?

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There's no time limit on the porting process, correct?

I'm thinking of getting a plan but just opening it with a new number.  Seeing how that goes, if all is well, just port over to PM when we're ready (weeks later).  Fine, no?

I guess you could pop the SIM card out and load it in the new phone, but I just thought the port would be the way to go, no?

3 REPLIES 3

@DaVibe wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a plan but just opening it with a new number.  Seeing how that goes, if all is well, just port over to PM when we're ready (weeks later).  Fine, no?

I guess you could pop the SIM card out and load it in the new phone, but I just thought the port would be the way to go, no?

You could even port the phone number years later if you like. The number will still need to be active at the other carrier at the time of the request, and to do that you'll have to keep paying for that service, as well as the Public Mobile service that you're using.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
As long as the number is still active with your old provider. If you cancel it first you can't port the number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaVibe wrote:

That's the suggested strategy. No time limit.

Need Help? Let's chat.