cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reclaim my number by activating a new sim card once the 90days is passed / account suspended?

Torontoinvestor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I failed to renew my plan within the 90days.

Can I reclaim my number by activating a new sim card once the 90days is passed / account suspended?

8 REPLIES 8

Most providers do not recycle a number for 90 days after cancelation

But Public will not manually retrieve the number for you

Best thing to do if number was originally a Public number is simply keep trying activation system

Select custom and enter your last 4 digits and hope for the best

If you are meticulous with this chances are you grab the number as soon as it hits the pool

If another provider it can be easier / harder depending what that providers policies are (eg I find Bell to be much easier than Telus in custom numbers)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Torontoinvestor wrote:

Hey I failed to renew my plan within the 90days.

After 90 days on suspension, your account will be closed and your phone number will be returned to the provider who gave you your number. 

Canadian providers usually put the canceled number in a waiting pool for 3 - 6 months before recycled to use it again. 

Which provider gave you that number?

If your number was from Telus/Koodo/PM, you can send a private message to moderator to see your number is still in the waiting pool.  YMMV

If your number was provided by other provider, you phone will be gone back to the orginiating provider.  PM does not have your old number anymore.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
After 90 days your account is closed, your SIM card no longer works, and the phone number is recycled. If you get a new SIM and re-register you can try to get your old phone number by entering it in instead of picking a new number and check the availability, if no one else has is then you can get it again.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It may have been reassigned to a new customer 

I think there is a delay before someone can choose it...but i 'm not sure... @Torontoinvestor

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t think that’s possible again since the 90 days deadline already passed.

Torontoinvestor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what happens to the phone number?

can someone else claim it?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

No @Torontoinvestor sorry nothing to do after the 90 days...Smiley Frustrated

You have to change your number...but you can still stay with public mobileSmiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.