cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and texts

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with public mobile yesterday with the help of one of your agents at the local mall,was assured that i was all set up and ready to go.but later discovered that I cannot recieve texts or calls from anyone other than public mobile clients .i can make outgoing calls  .that zeema to be thw only thing that is working at this point

Please help because im not able to do without my phone.please see to it that this issue is resolved ,asap.thanks i  advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ajison
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you might need to configure your APN if you want to receive MMS. 

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@7094252680 wrote:

I signed up with public mobile yesterday with the help of one of your agents at the local mall,was assured that i was all set up and ready to go.but later discovered that I cannot recieve texts or calls from anyone other than public mobile clients .i can make outgoing calls  .that zeema to be thw only thing that is working at this point

Please help because im not able to do without my phone.please see to it that this issue is resolved ,asap.thanks i  advance. 

@7094252680  That is normal if you ported your number over from your previous provider. It just means that the port has not been completed yet. Ports take anywhere from 2 to 24 hours to complete. Just continue to use your old sim card until it stops working. Once that happens then switch back to your PM card and everything should start to work. Welcome to Public Mobile!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@7094252680 wrote:

You can try restarting your phone to see if that resets your account.  Or log into your account click plans/add-ons, select phone lost tab, select suspend, log out, wait a few minutes, log back in, unsuspend phone, restart phone.  Sometimes this will reset everything.

Otherwise send a private message to Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right of your post and ask for assistance.  Edit: Response time to hear back from the moderators is anywhere from 2-48 hrs.  Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.