cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding and Incoming Minutes

rwma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM currently offers a $15 monthly plan that includes unlimited incoming minutes.  If all my incoming calls to my PM phone number are call forwarded to another phone number then I should not have to pay for any talk time correct?   Is there a service charge to call forward?

24 REPLIES 24

It went by up in both cases with 10 plan and with 15 plan, the minutes counter is what i was looking at as the log states the call length but doesn't state the 'count status' of those calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak 

I don't know if you can access the phone still but the detail log is not the place to test.

It's the overview counter that you want.

Make note of the number of the counter.

You need 3 phones for all this.

Set the call forward no answer on the $15 plan phone to whatever other number.

Call the phone that got forwarded from a whole 'nother phone and let it ring. It should eventually start ringing that other number. Answer it and stay on for maybe 15 seconds. Hang up everything.

Refresh the overview page.

Make note of the number now.

Did the counter go up by 1? 2? Anything?

Now try the call forward all option. Do the same calling but it shouldn't ring the first phone at all...it should ring the second one. Answer it. 15 seconds. Hang up everything.

Refresh the overview page.

Did the counter go up by 1? 2? Anything?

Set all the forwarding stuff back to normal ie. the vmail number for no answer and clear the all option.

You could try the unavailable option but I don't think that's necessary.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry double posted by mistake

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

So yup i got hold of my phone for 2 minutes and i managed to test drive it and my usage went up

I called from my 647 to my 905 that was forwarded to my 416 numberScreenshot_2019-08-20-22-56-40.png

Sorry about that

If you get 10 referrals you can have 25 plan for 15, with autopay 13

Also every year your bill goes down by$1 up to $5

How come you want to forward unlimited incoming? If anything i would forward to it:)

You also get 250m which is more than enough for textnow that gives you free Canadian number and unlimited North America

And if you use referral when you sign up you also get $10 credit

If you just want to use it as forwarding service you can always go with freephobeline I have it over a decade and never paid a cent after initial VoIP setup purchase, then you can have set up sip calling in many Android devices and or your VoIP box and it will forward for free to most Canadian numbers. It will cost 25 to port and 90 for setup. When I did it it was 50 for setup. Haven't paid for landline for over a decade

If you just want to forward, you can port to fongo, they also give free forwarding and it will only be 25 to port.

If you want to park it, speakout is best option, 365 days for 20, you still can use couple of minutes of talk, not too much at 25c and about 1 buck monthly fee for 911.

@rwma wrote:

Yes, I've seen that and understand that Call Forwarding uses minutes but it's unclear whether it uses incoming minutes, outbound minutes or both?   Therefore, it's also unclear whether unlimited incoming minutes would ensure all talk time derived from forwarded calls would be covered.

It uses both

I called myself from 416 number to my 647 number that was forwarded to my 905 number

This shows in my usage historyScreenshot_20190820-201621.png

Now I was charged one minute for this call, I'm not sure if they charged incoming or outgoing but I could bet it's outgoing. I'll check tonight when I get my phone with free incoming and counted outgoing

rwma

Yes, I've seen that and understand that Call Forwarding uses minutes but it's unclear whether it uses incoming minutes, outbound minutes or both?   Therefore, it's also unclear whether unlimited incoming minutes would ensure all talk time derived from forwarded calls would be covered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@rwma Here is your answer from the Get Help search: 

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Use Minutes                                        Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a callCalling *611 (the IVR)
Answering a callMaking or receiving calls from 911
Retrieving voicemail messagesUsing calling apps when connected to Wifi
Using call forwarding

Yup. That would be the official policy that a moderator would come back with. Some things can be interpreted or are left unsaid.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rwma Here is your answer from the Get Help search: 

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Use Minutes                                        Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a callCalling *611 (the IVR)
Answering a callMaking or receiving calls from 911
Retrieving voicemail messagesUsing calling apps when connected to Wifi
Using call forwarding

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@rwmaIf you really want to contact the moderators use the link here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
.. but expect a while for them to get back to you (48+ hours plus).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rwma wrote:

Can a PM Moderator or somebody factually confirm that Call Forwarding minutes count as inbound minutes, outbound minutes or both?

If both, then users on the $10 plan would be charged twice for every minute since there is no unlimited incoming.  Users on the $15 plan should only be charged once since it comes with unlimited incoming then.

kselmak is a regular around here. He said he would test it out later. You'll wait a while for a moderator to give you a policy answer.

I was not decremented twice when I tested on my $10 plan.

rwma

Can a PM Moderator or somebody factually confirm that Call Forwarding minutes count as inbound minutes, outbound minutes or both?

If both, then users on the $10 plan would be charged twice for every minute since there is no unlimited incoming.  Users on the $15 plan should only be charged once since it comes with unlimited incoming then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@rwma wrote:

I have not signed up to PM yet and am trying to verify this before I port my number over.  How can I verify before establishing a PM account?

I've already tested this on the $10 plan. Call forward all will use minutes. Call forward busy or unanswered or unavailable will not.

I don't know if that's an undocumented feature or whether it could change without warning.

I went to test too

Yes they will count as your incoming are counted

But I believe that forwarded minutes are actually outgoing as you both receive Ave make call simultaneity hence it will go against 100 outgoing

I look forward to your test. I tried out the original $15 plan (not this test) but never got around to updating it.

Be sure to test the different call forwarding options.

@rwma hi one thing I don't believe was mentioned is you can get a 500 min add on for 5 bucks that stays on your account for months or years lol until all used up makes thing easier on the 10 and 15 dollar limited plans 

@Anonymous wrote:

@rwma wrote:

I have not signed up to PM yet and am trying to verify this before I port my number over.  How can I verify before establishing a PM account?

I've already tested this on the $10 plan. Call forward all will use minutes. Call forward busy or unanswered or unavailable will not.

I don't know if that's an undocumented feature or whether it could change without warning.

I went to test too

Yes they will count as your incoming are counted

But I believe that forwarded minutes are actually outgoing as you both receive Ave make call simultaneity hence it will go against 100 outgoing

@Anonymous wrote:

@rwma wrote:

@Anonymous  Good to know, Thanks!

OMG off course 10 will be charged as both in and out are counted what was I thinking

I can check with my 15 one once I have it back, which should be back before 10pm I hope. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rwma wrote:

Ok I'll test it with my 10 plan, give me 5 mins to flip sim

rwma

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I believe not though as your phone will call the forward number

But you should test drive it

Would you mind letting us (and the future readers) know?

Thanks

rwma

Your reply implies that my call forwarded minutes count as outgoing minutes.  Is that correct?  In other words, unlimited incoming minutes is an irrelevant feature if I plan to call forward all my calls to another number - can somebody verify this?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rwma wrote:

PM currently offers a $15 monthly plan that includes unlimited incoming minutes.  If all my incoming calls to my PM phone number are call forwarded to another phone number then I should not have to pay for any talk time correct?   Is there a service charge to call forward?

@rwma  It should be ok but best to verify it yourself. Just go into you account and check you usage history to make sure you didn't get charged.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rwma Yes, all incoming calls forwarded to another phone will not be count towards the 100 outgoing mins. There is no charge for call forwarding. It's free with any talk plan 🙂

EDIT: I guess i was wrong

Need Help? Let's chat.