cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT SWITCH PHONE NUMBER! HELP!!!

SolomonT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm with Virgin Mobile and it won't allow me to switch my phone number over (please take note that I already paid for this months bill). How do I port over my phone number? I really need to keep it, informing people that my number changed is way too much of a hassle, especially when I'll have to change a lot of accounts information. Please answer ASAP!

7 REPLIES 7

Belivo

I did a virgin mobile prepaid last wedWednes with no issues. Did you provide the one mandatory feild or multiple? At first I thought it was 3 feild of information from virgin, but I you notice it's one of 3 mandatory. Also the mods are quick and very helpful. Good luck 

@SolomonT, is your VirginMobile account still active?  It needs to be active to allow a port to be done.

If you have already cancelled your VM account, you may not be able to get your number transferred. 

@SolomonT wrote:

How long does it usually take for them to reply? Thanks for the help dude!

They will be back online tomorrow morning so expect a reply in the morning. 

SolomonT

Yes, I did try doing that. Said it won't let me switch it. Messages the moderators. Thanks for your help 🙂

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @SolomonT, are you saying you have  already tried porting your number by doing the following and it has not worked for you? If so, contact the moderators for help (instructions on how to do this also below).

1) log into your account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca).

2) click on the ”change number” link under the section titled “My Profile” (on the right side of the page of the main overview page).

3) select the button saying “Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider” and fill out your details.

Private Messaging the Moderators;

The process for getting help from the moderators can be sped up by going here first to authenticate your account: 
Important: Leave the “Twitter” button selected. Fill out your Public Mobile Community username (where it says Twitter username), account or phone number and PIN. Once you have done this, click on the link below to send a private message to the moderators.
If you don’t remember your PIN, explain this in your message to the moderators and provide any 3 of the following instead; Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount.

• Response times are usually between 1 - 3 hours, but in peak periods, could be as much as 48 hours.

SolomonT

How long does it usually take for them to reply? Thanks for the help dude!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@SolomonT I assume you tried to port over from your self-serve account and it does not let you. In this case, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will port your number from their end. Make sure you keep your Virgin Mobile account active in order to port in. 

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure validation link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.