cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy SIM's using existing Account already set up for Autopay

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As an existing and very satisfied PM customer, I thought I'd give a couple of people a SIM card as a gift to encourage them to switch.  I have already spoken to the people in question about the service, plans and suitability for them (I wasn't forgetting about the referral benefits either).

Anyway, I thought I'd be able to log on to my self serve page and order SIM's there. But after much searching, it doesn't appear to be possible to do that.  I wonder why especially when I've got autopay set up.  Instead, I had to go to a different page and go through an entirely seperate transaction there.  That page also asked me to set up an account even though I was already logged on to my PM account as well as my community account at the time.  Is this another account just for SIM purchases?

13 REPLIES 13

@jimbobs wrote:

If you follow the first process, it will ask if you have an account or want to create one. If you enter an existing PM account credentials, it won't accept them.  

Ah k. Well, that would be because it's referring to a shopify account, which is independent of your PM self-serve account..

jimbobs

@Nezgar wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

You - but not just you - missed my point: I am already a PM user with an account set up for autopay.  My question (suggestion) is about being able to order another SIM from my self serve account.

You don't login to anything to order a SIM card, whether you are an existing customer or not, its a simple order page right off of the main home page, for anyone to use, new customer or existing:

Getting Started > Buy Online with Public Mobile

or

Getting Started > Buy Online with Amazon

If you follow the first process, it will ask if you have an account or want to create one. If you enter an existing PM account credentials, it won't accept them.  

@jimbobs wrote:

You - but not just you - missed my point: I am already a PM user with an account set up for autopay.  My question (suggestion) is about being able to order another SIM from my self serve account.

You don't login to anything to order a SIM card, whether you are an existing customer or not, its a simple order page right off of the main home page, for anyone to use, new customer or existing:

or

jimbobs

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

I think when ordering a sim the website assumes you are setting up a new account.  You could order a sim through Amazon.

They is no requirement to set up an account. In fact, you can't even set up an account until you receive the sim card if you order from the Public Mobile website.

@Triguy wrote:

I think when ordering a sim the website assumes you are setting up a new account.  You could order a sim through Amazon.

They is no requirement to set up an account. In fact, you can't even set up an account until you receive the sim card if you order from the Public Mobile website.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Super easy to order SIM cards from Public Mobile, right off of the main website:

or

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jimbobs wrote:

As an existing and very satisfied PM customer, I thought I'd give a couple of people a SIM card as a gift to encourage them to switch.  I have already spoken to the people in question about the service, plans and suitability for them (I wasn't forgetting about the referral benefits either).

Anyway, I thought I'd be able to log on to my self serve page and order SIM's there. But after much searching, it doesn't appear to be possible to do that.  I wonder why especially when I've got autopay set up.  Instead, I had to go to a different page and go through an entirely seperate transaction there.  That page also asked me to set up an account even though I was already logged on to my PM account as well as my community account at the time.  Is this another account just for SIM purchases?

Buy SIMs through Amazon/PM stores/Ebay.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jimbobs, there is no option to do things like order SIM cards within a self serve account.  You can only buy services for the one and only line that is in the account.  Each account is self contained with one line and one line only. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jimbobs Account balance can"t be used to pay for sims. 

OR look for  LOCAL store. Referrals often happen on the spur of the moment. I keep a half dozen around any time there is a promo, like now. Some are assuming it will end Jan.1, but no one knows.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

jimbobs

@Triguy wrote:

Based on the email acknowledgement to my eventual order, PM may use Shopify for SIM order fulfillment.  I try not to use Amazon if I can possibly avoid them.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jimbobs 

It is a separate process. Can’t order from your self service account. 

You can get discounted SIM from Amazon or eBay. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.