cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus data

Scarlett11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! New to PM, I was lucky enough to get the Christmas freebies - question, is there a way (other than logging into self serve ) to know if I am going into the free bonus data after using my monthly data? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

@darlicious wrote:

@Scarlett11 

Once you have a data add on in your account unlike @kb_mv suggestion you will not recieve a plan data warning instead you will get the warnings for the total (plan + add on) data in your account. It is best to set your data warning and data limiter in your phone.

@darlicious Fixed, thx.

@Scarlett11 

Once you have a data add on in your account unlike @kb_mv suggestion you will not recieve a plan data warning instead you will get the warnings for the total (plan + add on) data in your account. It is best to set your data warning and data limiter in your phone.

I have two accounts....one is the $10 50/50 plan with no plan data and the $15/250mb plan. For the $10 plan (which has 4G LTE unthrottled data) I set the warning at 50mb and the limiter at 100mb so as not to accidently use the accumulated data add ons wastefully. The $15 plan which is my everyday account I set the warning at 100mb and the limiter at 250mb so the data turns off at my plan data limit. I then reset it at 50mb and 100mb to limit my add on usage to be conservative with its use until my plan data resets. Both accounts have up to 18gb of data add ons and as I have recently discovered with my new phone I have a couple of apps  that use up to 5mb per minute of use. Had I not set low data warnings and limits I could have easily burned thru a few gigabytes of add on data without knowing it. A costly mistake was thankfully avoided!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Scarlett11 I will rather check if the usage is correct or not during the cycle. I encountered mistakes for the data usage as I had the add on. 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Scarlett11 wrote:

Hi! New to PM, I was lucky enough to get the Christmas freebies - question, is there a way (other than logging into self serve ) to know if I am going into the free bonus data after using my monthly data? Thanks 

@Scarlett11 that would be the best and most accurate way is to check in your self serve 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scarlett11 : No. About all you can do is monitor usage on your phone to tell you you're near the end of your plan data. Reset it for 30 days...not a month.

You can also call 611 that gives you your total remaining data.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Scarlett11 wrote:

@Scarlett11 I think you get a warning when you hit 75% of your plan data. Realistically, other than signing in and checking the only other way I know is an app called DataWitness PM that allows you to set 30 day terms and put all your free data in. It shows plan data used and if required, bonus data.

Need Help? Let's chat.