Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Passport - No service in Montreal

testo99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. Hoping to get some help with my phone:

- Switched from Fido prepaid to Public Mobile about a week ago

- Ported my number; took a few days but worked fine.

- Voice calls / data all worked fine for first 5 days or so

- Moved permanently from Rosemont area in Montreal to Ville-Emard

- Phone now cannot connect to network, whether outdoors or indoors

- Multiple reboots, toggling airplane mode on/off, resetting APN, verifying APM setting

- Returning to Montreal downtown, phone works normally again.

Is it just that there is no signal in my new neighborhood? Or is there something else I can try? Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Alternatively if you've at least got a Wi-Fi signal, you can use Telus Network Experience app to report the issue, on an Android phone, or on an iPhone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

@testo99I would report it to telus, if its an actual network problem if enough people report it they will look into it. You can use it on their coverage map, click the button I highlighted

report.png

I agree it's best to report the issue

@testo99I would report it to telus, if its an actual network problem if enough people report it they will look into it. You can use it on their coverage map, click the button I highlighted

report.png

tehowennathe

@testo99 wrote:

Thanks for all your help so far.

According to the map, TELUS covers all of Montreal. I'm definitely not near the edge / outskirts.

It's possible it's a tower issue sim that's dropping the network in area.

testo99

OK, thanks. Will share the outcome here after.

testo99

Thanks for all your help so far.

According to the map, TELUS covers all of Montreal. I'm definitely not near the edge / outskirts.

tehowennathe

@testo99 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, tried a manual network search. 'Public LTE' network appears in my list of  available networks, then one of two things happen:

a) it tries to connect but hangs

or

b) after clicking the entry simply disappears and the phone remains disconnected.

Seems like there just might not be signal then...

Best to contact a mod and they can possibly tell you more if network reaches your area 

@testo99 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, tried a manual network search. 'Public LTE' network appears in my list of  available networks, then one of two things happen:

or

b) after clicking the entry simply disappears and the phone remains disconnected.

It would seem to be that you are too far away from towers / obstructions. What does the coverage map show in that area you were in? Was it near the outskirts of service?

tehowennathe

I check for you and Ville-Emard does get service. It's odd that your not when Telus coverage map says you get LTE service.

testo99

or

Edit: The TELUS coverage map tool shows good coverage in my neighborhood. Strange.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@testo99 wrote:

Hi. Hoping to get some help with my phone:

- Switched from Fido prepaid to Public Mobile about a week ago

- Ported my number; took a few days but worked fine.

- Voice calls / data all worked fine for first 5 days or so

- Moved permanently from Rosemont area in Montreal to Ville-Emard

- Phone now cannot connect to network, whether outdoors or indoors

- Multiple reboots, toggling airplane mode on/off, resetting APN, verifying APM setting

- Returning to Montreal downtown, phone works normally again.

Is it just that there is no signal in my new neighborhood? Or is there something else I can try? Thanks in advance!

@testo99Check the Telus coverage map. Does it show good servcie there?

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map

When you were did you do a manual network search? Sometimes this is the case, need to deselect auto mobile network, go to manual network search and re-connect manually.

tehowennathe

It's possible buildings are blocking signal or no towers in the area. If it works downtown then it must be network issue in that area. In a small part of Kahnawake I completely lose service so signal must not reach area.

Need Help? Let's chat.