cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issue - multiple times

memetis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just billed four times, on each number, for my payment. How do I get this corrected?

23 REPLIES 23

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @cedingdong,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been locked out of your self serve account. I have indeed received your private message and will be responding shortly, look out for my reply 🙂

Best regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Of course, if you were overcharged I'm sure you'll get a refund.

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for following up Mary 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@memetis

Both of your accounts are active, and refund request has been sent ! I have also sent you confirmation numbers - I won't be in tomorrow nor Monday, but on Tuesday, I'll check on the status of them for you.

Cheers!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

memetis
I know public is a pre paid BUT that is NO excuse to over charge people

Rockdaddy22
If it's a system glitch/bug do to no fault of the customer, then of course they refund the money. Just remember, PM is a prepaid service.

memetis
If public Mobile does NOT offer refunds, then the on-line payment should be, at least, suspended since it billed me four times - through NO fault of mine.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I completely understand your frustration @memetis

However, as stated in our service terms, Public Mobile does not offer refunds.

I will put in the request right now, as well as activate a temporary 10 day plan in order for you to port out.

A confirmation will be sent to you via private message.

Thank you for your patience,

Mary

Rockdaddy22
Looks like an honest mistake, it's all about communication. That's what this community is here for. Hopefully everything gets resolved to your satisfaction.

memetis
I asked for a refund on the credit card and you replied that it was NOT guaranteed. I am trying to port out these numbers. How about putting on a credit for three days so I can port them out since I was billed three times on each account. Let me know if Public cannot do my two simple requests.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @memetis

Actually you are correct, the refund was requested but not yet approved.

I will send you a private message with more details.

Mary

Rockdaddy22
Thank you Mary for chiming in, I know PM is not out to rip anyone off.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @memetis

As mentioned in our conversation last week, I had advised you that a refund was not guaranteed because all payments were made manually (they were not automatic top ups), and asked you to confirm whether you wanted me to request a refund or credit the account. I never received a response nor a confirmation from you.

Now I can see that both accounts are suspended, would you like me to activate using the funds that are available ?

Please confirm

Mary

Rockdaddy22
If that's true, than I don't see a problem getting a refund. Just to be clear, you got double or triple charged on multiple accounts.

memetis
I was billed multiple times on each line, while paying on line. Two lines were affected. Mary has all the details.

Rockdaddy22

What are the details, did your service not work? It is a prepaid service, so refunds are only given under certain circumstances.

memetis
She said she would put in the request BUT there was no guarantee I would be getting a refund

Rockdaddy22

Can you explain in more detail, PM would never commit fraud. Was Mary not able to help you out?

memetis
The issue is NOT resolved since there is no guarantee I will get a refund. What kind of fraud is that.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @memetis

Sorry to hear about this, would you mind sending me all 3 phone numbers ?

I'll look into it and make the necessary adjustments for you.

Thanks!

Mary

OK, then you will definitely need the assistance of one of our moderators;  @Shazia_K @Mary_M who have left for the day. It will speed things along if you can check in from time to time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

If unfamiliar with this private messaging, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating

I'm sure it will get sorted.

Hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

memetis

I have three lines currently and two were billed three times each when I went to pay on-line

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I thought you had left Public Mobile, so not sure how you could be billed four times? And what do you mean by each number?

PM is a prepaid service so your service continues until you transfer your phone number somewhere else or stop paying. If you left autopay "on" then PM will charge your card on the expiry date.

Some clarification would be helpful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.