cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing and plan change problems

Cookin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A few days ago I changed my 30-day $52 plan to a 90-day $105 plan, effective on the next payment date (today). In self serve it showed that a plan change was requested, along with the new plan details.

Unfortunately the plan change didn't happen, I'm still on the old $30-day $52 plan:

plan.JPG

While the plan didn't change, the billing did. Here's the billing transactions from last night:

pm.JPG

The charge on my card was $97.00 + tax (so $109.61).

Where does the $97.00 even come from? Since no invoices are generated there's no way of knowing without adding up a bunch of different scenarios, hoping to get to $97.00 so I can make sense of it.

Now I'm stuck with a billing problem and a plan change problem, and the thought of resolving all this through email (waiting 3 days between replies) is daunting. I can't believe how messed-up PM's computer systems are. I'm in IT and I've never seen anything like this. Certainly, nothing that would be given to the general public with virtually no support.

EDIT: The $97 probably comes from the $105 cost of the new plan minus $6 autopay credit for this payment, minus $2 autopay credit for when I signed up. So in a nutshell ... my old 30-day $52 plan did not change to the new 90-day $105 plan in my account, but my billing did. BTW, this is the plan I requested via self serve to change to:

newplan.JPG

12 REPLIES 12

@xburg1 Send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account and phone number. Also include those two screenshots to prove that you were double charged. 

xburg1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have multiple charges to my account, with double charges on my credit card statements.

Can you please explain why this is happening? I signed up for the 90 day plan for $120.00 (12 gig data plan, unlimited provincial talk and text, unlimited international text) 

I signed up for this promotion on November 17th 2016. 

PM 1.PNGPM 2.PNG

I would like these payments amended and corrected.

Please advise

Esie Duke

Cookin

Good news ... PM fixed the issue. I'm going to leave autopay off until the next payment date though to make sure the transactions are generated properly.

Cookin

@neo I suspect their billing system and account system are two seperate systems and neither of them are capable of rolling back logical transactions in the event an error occurs, causing data to be updated on system and not on the other.

Good idea.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Cookin

@Luddite I think you're right about the $97.00 ... I had a $2 credit from when I signed up plus the $6 autopay credit from this bungled renewal.

I'm going to disable autopay until all the billing bugs have been sorted out. Losing $2 is a small price to pay for not having to deal with this nonsense after I've been billed.

BTW, I emailed PM with a link to this thread (it's easier since can attach screenshots here but not via their email support system).

@Cookin Bad news I'm afraid. You know your credit card was in fact charged $97 which I take to be $105 minus $8 Rewards = $97. If you don't get a response to your email within 48 hours, you next course of action would be to private message one of the PM Communty managers.

My guess on the Rewards is $2 for a 30 day autopay plus $6 for of the 90 day selection.

@Cookin Well you are 1 stage better than I was because PM took the full amount! Mind you it did correctly leave a credit in my account. Smiley Frustrated

neo

@Cookin  as an IT person myself I cringe seeing bugs this critical released the the public. This is something that should be caught even before rigorous testing of the system.

Cookin

@Luddite Thanks, it helps knowing I'm not an isolated case.

And you're correct about the data on the new plan. Here's the exact plan I wanted to change to:

newplan.JPG

The silver lining is that it's showing a $53.00 credit in my self serve account, so at least I wasn't charged $97.00 for only $52.00 worth of of service. Phew!

I'm happy with the cellphone service itself but these software bugs are killing me.

@Cookin I had exacly the same problem. It took a week to resolve, but service was not interrupted. In your email to PM be sure to include your account number, phone number, and the plan you were choosing; assume you wanted 1GB data for 90 days and not 1 GB data every 30 days?

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems that the system mixed the 30-day base amount with 90-day optional amount...

I think the only way is to wait for PM's email reply...

Need Help? Let's chat.