cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been disconnected for 2 weeks now

ravelar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not having a great experience. Public mobile have suspended my service 2 weeks ago. They said it is because of stolen phone/fraud.. I have sent them every piece of information they have asked for and I'm not getting a reply for a while then I get another mod asking for the same information.@@@@I want to get refunded and go somewhere else at this point. What can I do to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

@ravelar wrote:

@will13am@It's my mother's old phone and we had it unlocked with bell to use with public mobile. My phone is definitely not blacklisted. I received text messages from public mobile saying i have been cut off due to fraud/stolen phone. I was having issues with my credit card so I had to use my boyfriends, I messaged a mod and asked why my card wasn't working but still getting nowhere with that also. We live together and he is also with public mobile. I've faxed all the documents they asked for and still no response.

My bad, you mentioned stolen phone and so my immediate thought was the phone in question has been blacklisted.  So the problem is with the credit card.  I am not totally sure but I believe that Public Mobile maintains their own records of bad credit cards.  If a card is marked as bad, they need to clear it off the system even after the bank does so on their end.  They don't share the same data with the banks.  It is unfortunate that your issue resolution is being protracted due to hand offs within moderator team members.  They are a team and should work as a team.  Hopefully everything will be straightened out shortly as this can affect your ability to obtain service with other Telus brands.

ravelar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@will13am@It's my mother's old phone and we had it unlocked with bell to use with public mobile. My phone is definitely not blacklisted. I received text messages from public mobile saying i have been cut off due to fraud/stolen phone. I was having issues with my credit card so I had to use my boyfriends, I messaged a mod and asked why my card wasn't working but still getting nowhere with that also. We live together and he is also with public mobile. I've faxed all the documents they asked for and still no response.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ravelar, the Public Mobile service is separate and distinct from the phone hardware.  Your phone can be blacklisted for the reason you mentioned.  To check whether the phone is blacklisted, you can go to this site and enter the IMEI.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If the phone is blacklisted, it cannot be used on any Canadian carrier network as all carrier brands block devices using the same database.

Even though the phone may be blocked, that does not mean the Public Mobile account is inactive.  If the Public Mobile account is in good standing, you can use it on any unlock phone that is not blacklisted.  As such, I don't think you can ask for a refund because your phone is blacklisted.  The way forward is to find out why the phone was blacklisted and seek remedies if this blacklist was done in error.  The carrier that placed the phone in the blacklist can undo it where justified.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ravelar Sorry to hear that. There is nothing you can do other than sending a pm to them. May be if @Shazia_K or @Mary_M are working today, they might understand your situation better. 

Need Help? Let's chat.