cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bad sim

Today i tried to activate a sim everything went well until i put the the sim into the phone and after many attempts tpo reach out for help, I got no response and ended up having to take the sim card back, Only to find out that public mobile will not replace the sim, they basically accused me of lying and said I would have to buy a new sim card, and they would credit my account, this is absolutely unreal, unforgiveable and simply Robbery, Basically Public mobile took my money and held my account ransom, so Public mobile essentially has the power to make 5 out of 10 sim cards (knowingly) faulty but will still activate them knowing that the the consumer must buy a new card to be able t use the account they signed up for, I opened this account today, never made 1 phone call or text, because the sim was bad and wouldnt work, and in canada we have 15 days to change our minds PLZ REFUND MY ACCOUNT in its entirety, including the $40 plan I bought and all taxes and faulty sim card I bought, The CRTC requies this, and I am entitled to all my money back plz refund me and shut down my account. this is a very terrible and cheap way to conduct business, I have 1.7 million youtube subscribers that is gonna see the video I make on this I may be just 1 man, But I am a popular Man and 1.7 million ppl are going to see why they shouldnt do business with Public Mobile, and hopefully my viewers will see what a headache Public Mobile is and go to Chattr, or better yet Lucky Mobile.

Tags (4)
Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim

 


@TvMann2018 wrote:

Today i tried to activate a sim everything went well until i put the the sim into the phone and after many attempts tpo reach out for help, I got no response and ended up having to take the sim card back, Only to find out that public mobile will not replace the sim, they basically accused me of lying and said I would have to buy a new sim card, and they would credit my account, this is absolutely unreal, unforgiveable and simply Robbery, Basically Public mobile took my money and held my account ransom, so Public mobile essentially has the power to make 5 out of 10 sim cards (knowingly) faulty but will still activate them knowing that the the consumer must buy a new card to be able t use the account they signed up for, I opened this account today, never made 1 phone call or text, because the sim was bad and wouldnt work, and in canada we have 15 days to change our minds PLZ REFUND MY ACCOUNT in its entirety, including the $40 plan I bought and all taxes and faulty sim card I bought, The *** requies this, and I am entitled to all my money back plz refund me and shut down my account. this is a very terrible and cheap way to conduct business, I have 1.7 million youtube subscribers that is gonna see the video I make on this I may be just 1 man, But I am a popular Man and 1.7 million ppl are going to see why they shouldnt do business with Public Mobile, and hopefully my viewers will see what a headache Public Mobile is and go to Chattr, or better yet Lucky Mobile.


@TvMann2018I don't see any other posts here of you asking for help, or how you diagnosed your issue. How can you be sure the sim is the problem, its a very rare case nothing close to 50%. 99/100 times someone thinks their sim is faulty, its their phone, either software/hardware/sim tray/blacklist/setting, etc

 

If you consider the xpresspost shipping costs public mobile doesn't really make much or even anything on the sims. Have you seen Canada post rates? If they made sims faulty on purpose they would make a bad first impression on new customers and they are not complete idiots, this would hurt their business. If anything, public mobile wants to make a new sim as reliable as possible as that almost worthless tiny card is the only way people can get the service and keep paying them.

 

Also public mobile doesn't have stores, so where ever you took the "sim back" was another company, not public mobile. In my experience if you bought a new sim, and that solved your problem you could contact public mobile directly and they could reimburse you, if you provide receipts and an explanation. They are pretty fair to their customers.

 

If you demand a refund, why post it here, in public. It will get you no where. We are customers, like you, just trying to help people.

 

Link me your youtube channel.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim

@TvMann2018 FYI the trial period talks about returning a cellphone for refund within 15 days, nothing about the service:

 

"

Trial period

You can return your cellphone within 15 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. Use up to half of your allowed monthly usage during the trial period.

" [from https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm ]

 

Although it also says you can canel for no cost--but this means they can't charge you a cancellation fee (like they used to prior to a few years ago).

 

"

Do you pay before you use your wireless service? If so, you have the right:

  •  to cancel your contract at no cost after a maximum of two years

" [from https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/prepay.htm]

 

What issues were you having?  Could you describe them so we can try to point you in the right direction?  How did you make your attempts to reach out for help?

 


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

Re: Bad sim

@TvMann2018, where did you get this statistic that Public Mobile knowingly makes 5 out of 10 SIM cards bad?  I have used 10s of SIM cards to activate my own accounts as well as those who I perform account administration for.  Not once did I get a dud.  With respect to seeking remediation for a loss that you claim to be 100% Public Mobile's fault, who did you reach out to?  Based on your rant in the public forum, it is very evident that you have not been in touch with the moderator team concerning your problems.  They are reasonable and would definitely make amends for where the carrier is at fault.  By the way to bring your case to the CCTS, you do need to demonstrate a reasonable effort to come to an amicable agreement with the carrier.  My suggestion is to cool the jets and reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  If you don't get satisfaction, seek CCTS assistance in mediating the case.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim


@will13am wrote:

@TvMann2018, where did you get this statistic that Public Mobile knowingly makes 5 out of 10 SIM cards bad? 


@will13am to be fair, if you read carefully I believe the OP is saying that PM could knowingly provide 5 out of 10 as defective if they are not going to stand behind the product and replace it for free when they are defective.  I don't believe they actually said that PM does do this.  It's a hypotethical bit of hyperbole/conspiracy theory.  If anyone put a bit of critical thought into this supposition, they would pretty quickly come to the realization that ticking off 1/2 of your new customers by dining them for an extra $10 and causing them to cancel their service would really be shooting themselves in the foot vs. just providing a card that typically works and continuing to collect an ongoing $10-$50+ revenue every 30 days from said customer.  Any company short-sighted enough to do this would pretty, pretty stupid.  

 

I love it when people come here and accuse PM of being fraudulent when they can't get their service working.  

 

EDIT: I should add that the rest of your reply is quite helpful, detailing the terms of getting CCTS assistance, and linking to sending a private message to the moderator team.  @TvMann2018 here's more info on how to get help from them via private message:  How to Get Help.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

Re: Bad sim


@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@TvMann2018, where did you get this statistic that Public Mobile knowingly makes 5 out of 10 SIM cards bad? 


@will13am to be fair, if you read carefully I believe the OP is saying that PM could knowingly provide 5 out of 10 as defective if they are not going to stand behind the product and replace it for free when they are defective.  I don't believe they actually said that PM does do this.  It's a hypotethical bit of hyperbole/conspiracy theory.  If anyone put a bit of critical thought into this supposition, they would pretty quickly come to the realization that ticking off 1/2 of your new customers by dining them for an extra $10 and causing them to cancel their service would really be shooting themselves in the foot vs. just providing a card that typically works and continuing to collect an ongoing $10-$50+ revenue every 30 days from said customer.  Any company short-sighted enough to do this would pretty, pretty stupid.  

 

I love it when people come here and accuse PM of being fraudulent when they can't get their service working.  

 

EDIT: I should add that the rest of your reply is quite helpful, detailing the terms of getting CCTS assistance, and linking to sending a private message to the moderator team.  @TvMann2018 here's more info on how to get help from them via private message:  How to Get Help.


I accept your interpretation.  The way the rant is written, I read a little more into it, perhaps incorrectly.  Why stop at 5 out of 10, let's go all out and hypothetically call it 10 out of 10.  When someone swings for the fences like that, who knows exactly what is the true meaning the words.  There has to be some level of belief to make such accusations even if wild.

 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Bad sim

The reason the "Rant" is written the way it is was because every word of it was true, I can accept responsibility of not researching PM as much as I should, but to be fair who would expect a company to have basically no help, No number to call, but instead leave it to the customers to help each other? to me, as a business owner and a software engineer, it is a very bad, cheap and irresponsible way to run a business, and shouldnt be allowed, i n fact I;m not 100%  sure that it is allowed, Also i did not say That 5 out of 10 cards were faulty, I was stating that if they can do that to me, they could potentially do it to anyone and make very quick money doing so, they cut out call centres and employees to save money, so why not hire the cheapest of the cheap companies to provide the sims, Also when i took the sim to wal mart where it was purchased, I was basically acused of lying and told that PM does not alow refunds on sim cards again as  business owner myself the only reason i COULD EVER understand why a company would not alow a refund is because thy already know that the product is crappy, to put it lightly, the response that got was from ppl that didnt understand what they reading or just trying to take it out of context, and sound worse than what it is, which proved my theory completely that having a "community" with untrained and uncaring ppl to fix your problems is in my opinion a big mistake, and a very cheap but very effective way to prove to people that PM does not care about their customers, Finally the other Reason i responded the way I did is because I know I am not the first or the last person to have this Problem As a matter of fact I know of 2 people persoanlly that has the exact same problem and they could not get a refund either, However I believe when this does Happen people need to know what the outcome is gonna be when they have the problem and hopefully they do not waste thier time as I did, People deserve to hear the bad and the good, and this is not an isolated incident, I was looking for help but never got it, So i was warning potential new customers of some of the problems that may arise, To be fair I was extremely frustrated when i wrote it, and may have been harsh, but that is also when people are devastatingly honest, Also later on I did get a response from a so called "moderator" and they said they could help if I provide ID, which to me is another Joke, Anothr untrained, unqualified person answering messages, I have no clue who they are and am not comfortable at all giving out any personal info, thats also why i do not publish my credit card numbers, this has to be expected from PM. this way of doing business and not having any help readily avaialble is only advantagious to Public Mobile, all it tells me is they dont care, they are just out to make money, and will do it as cheaply as possible and without any thought of customers satisfactio, thats my opinion, not a fact

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Bad sim

This almost a great response however you proved in ur own words that having a community of untrained, under qualified people doesnt work and shouldn't  be allowed, if you actually read the "rant" i never once said it was statistcally factual that PM sells 5 duds out of 10, and your response of asking where the facts came from was nothing more than a tool for an arguement. it was un called for and you were just trying to sound smart. 

 

 And to say you need to try to resolve a problem with PM amicably before you can bring it to the CRTC is Is an oxy moron and not very bright, considering part of MY 'Rant" was stating that there is NO paid, hired Help, or any employee for that mater to bring a problem too, Is the untrained, unqualified community supposed to be the ones I try to resolve the problem with Amicably? You are the reason A community like this cannot and will not work, you would rather mock someone rather than try to help! and your only concern is to try to sound smarter, than the person you are writing too, you response proves that, because it in NO WAY offers a solutiont any problem I wrote about, your response is only filled with self indulging comments, that byou probably read to all your friends while so they can tell you how smart you are, and you all get a pat on the back, if you're not gonna offer a solution, dont respond to peoples messages!!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim

 @TvMann2018 

Another rant. You and fredirik something or other need to get together.

 

I think of this support model as crowd-sourced techsupp. Some posts have all the right information. Some posts don't. Some repeat. Some you need to stitch together from one post to the next.

So you look at the number of Bravo's on an answer as compared to a different answer. Or even the "experience" of the poster.

 

Always remember too that there are many thousands of customers happily carrying on with their service from here without a second thought as to it not working. Sure. Until it doesn't. And so they come here. We see all the complaints. Sometimes people come on just to say something positive and those are nice to read.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim

@TvMann2018 

Hi,

You have to understand that you come here and you have made 4 posts, 3 here and one telling someone how it is easy to change your number. So when we see a long post like these that are full of negative reactions and nothing seeking help it is considered a rant and will receive replies accordingly.

PM does not physically refund which is common with all prepaid services. They offered you a credit on your account which is also common with other businesses even outside telecommunications.

You believe it is a bad sim but as mentioned it is rarely ever the sim. You offered no indication you took any measures to troubleshoot the issue or proof that the sim is faulty?

You started this post a month ago and still no indication if everything is working or you have got a refund?

You make threats with revealing this to your 1.7mil youtube followers but neglect to provide that channel for us.

You indicate that you cannot make an amicable agreement because there is no one to contact. This support model is clearly explained on the website and the CCTS(CRTC) do require attempts to reach an agreement but does not say it has to be in person, emails are acceptable.

You attacked someone for misreading your scenario around faulty sims but this is all the result of "not researching PM as much as I should" which you "accept responsibility" for. That is unfair.

Lots of companies rely solely on email for communications and PM has help, the community is here if you like, if not message the MODs directly. No reason to make it illegal.

Walmart has many bad reviews for their sales techniques wrt PM sims and service. But as a business owner I am sure you did your due diligence in researching all this prior to commencing any relations with PM or Walmart.

You know 2 other people that are having the same problem yet we do not see those issues raised here. Maybe they are also unhappy that their $40 plan is no giving them the same level of support as their previous $90 plan?? 

You said "People deserve to hear the bad and the good, and this is not an isolated incident" and that "I was looking for help but never got it". I see no where on here where you have asked for anything other than a refund. And being the business owner that you are you know that this is not the place to ask for a refund. So no you have not asked for help and no you are not warning anybody because like us, they too would like to know how you determined your sim was faulty.

A MOD asked you for your ID and you refused to provide because "I have no clue who they are and am not comfortable at all giving out any personal info". How do you expect them to assist you if you refuse to prove you are who you say you are. They don't know you either.

This support model is "advantageous" to PM's customers as well, it is how they offer better rates and bonuses while still making a profit, something you as a business owner surely must understand?

You say the community support model "cannot and will not work" yet it has work for years now and is getting bigger and better. You stated that "it in NO WAY offers a solutiont any problem I wrote about", which is kinda hard to do as you've yet to write about anything other than a faulty sim complaint with out any plausible justification and a refund that is not possible via the community!

But as a business owner I am sure I am not pointing out anything you do not already know!

But if for any reason you would still like assistance with getting your service working we are more than willing to help. All refunds and credits are through the MODs and you will need to provide proof as to your identity to them to get assistance as I am sure you would require from any of your customers requiring assistance with an account!