cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bad sim

Today i tried to activate a sim everything went well until i put the the sim into the phone and after many attempts tpo reach out for help, I got no response and ended up having to take the sim card back, Only to find out that public mobile will not replace the sim, they basically accused me of lying and said I would have to buy a new sim card, and they would credit my account, this is absolutely unreal, unforgiveable and simply Robbery, Basically Public mobile took my money and held my account ransom, so Public mobile essentially has the power to make 5 out of 10 sim cards (knowingly) faulty but will still activate them knowing that the the consumer must buy a new card to be able t use the account they signed up for, I opened this account today, never made 1 phone call or text, because the sim was bad and wouldnt work, and in canada we have 15 days to change our minds PLZ REFUND MY ACCOUNT in its entirety, including the $40 plan I bought and all taxes and faulty sim card I bought, The CRTC requies this, and I am entitled to all my money back plz refund me and shut down my account. this is a very terrible and cheap way to conduct business, I have 1.7 million youtube subscribers that is gonna see the video I make on this I may be just 1 man, But I am a popular Man and 1.7 million ppl are going to see why they shouldnt do business with Public Mobile, and hopefully my viewers will see what a headache Public Mobile is and go to Chattr, or better yet Lucky Mobile.

Tags (4)
Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim

 


@TvMann2018 wrote:

Today i tried to activate a sim everything went well until i put the the sim into the phone and after many attempts tpo reach out for help, I got no response and ended up having to take the sim card back, Only to find out that public mobile will not replace the sim, they basically accused me of lying and said I would have to buy a new sim card, and they would credit my account, this is absolutely unreal, unforgiveable and simply Robbery, Basically Public mobile took my money and held my account ransom, so Public mobile essentially has the power to make 5 out of 10 sim cards (knowingly) faulty but will still activate them knowing that the the consumer must buy a new card to be able t use the account they signed up for, I opened this account today, never made 1 phone call or text, because the sim was bad and wouldnt work, and in canada we have 15 days to change our minds PLZ REFUND MY ACCOUNT in its entirety, including the $40 plan I bought and all taxes and faulty sim card I bought, The *** requies this, and I am entitled to all my money back plz refund me and shut down my account. this is a very terrible and cheap way to conduct business, I have 1.7 million youtube subscribers that is gonna see the video I make on this I may be just 1 man, But I am a popular Man and 1.7 million ppl are going to see why they shouldnt do business with Public Mobile, and hopefully my viewers will see what a headache Public Mobile is and go to Chattr, or better yet Lucky Mobile.


@TvMann2018I don't see any other posts here of you asking for help, or how you diagnosed your issue. How can you be sure the sim is the problem, its a very rare case nothing close to 50%. 99/100 times someone thinks their sim is faulty, its their phone, either software/hardware/sim tray/blacklist/setting, etc

 

If you consider the xpresspost shipping costs public mobile doesn't really make much or even anything on the sims. Have you seen Canada post rates? If they made sims faulty on purpose they would make a bad first impression on new customers and they are not complete idiots, this would hurt their business. If anything, public mobile wants to make a new sim as reliable as possible as that almost worthless tiny card is the only way people can get the service and keep paying them.

 

Also public mobile doesn't have stores, so where ever you took the "sim back" was another company, not public mobile. In my experience if you bought a new sim, and that solved your problem you could contact public mobile directly and they could reimburse you, if you provide receipts and an explanation. They are pretty fair to their customers.

 

If you demand a refund, why post it here, in public. It will get you no where. We are customers, like you, just trying to help people.

 

Link me your youtube channel.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim

@TvMann2018 FYI the trial period talks about returning a cellphone for refund within 15 days, nothing about the service:

 

"

Trial period

You can return your cellphone within 15 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. Use up to half of your allowed monthly usage during the trial period.

" [from https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm ]

 

Although it also says you can canel for no cost--but this means they can't charge you a cancellation fee (like they used to prior to a few years ago).

 

"

Do you pay before you use your wireless service? If so, you have the right:

  •  to cancel your contract at no cost after a maximum of two years

" [from https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/prepay.htm]

 

What issues were you having?  Could you describe them so we can try to point you in the right direction?  How did you make your attempts to reach out for help?

 


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

Re: Bad sim

@TvMann2018, where did you get this statistic that Public Mobile knowingly makes 5 out of 10 SIM cards bad?  I have used 10s of SIM cards to activate my own accounts as well as those who I perform account administration for.  Not once did I get a dud.  With respect to seeking remediation for a loss that you claim to be 100% Public Mobile's fault, who did you reach out to?  Based on your rant in the public forum, it is very evident that you have not been in touch with the moderator team concerning your problems.  They are reasonable and would definitely make amends for where the carrier is at fault.  By the way to bring your case to the CCTS, you do need to demonstrate a reasonable effort to come to an amicable agreement with the carrier.  My suggestion is to cool the jets and reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  If you don't get satisfaction, seek CCTS assistance in mediating the case.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Bad sim


@will13am wrote:

@TvMann2018, where did you get this statistic that Public Mobile knowingly makes 5 out of 10 SIM cards bad? 


@will13am to be fair, if you read carefully I believe the OP is saying that PM could knowingly provide 5 out of 10 as defective if they are not going to stand behind the product and replace it for free when they are defective.  I don't believe they actually said that PM does do this.  It's a hypotethical bit of hyperbole/conspiracy theory.  If anyone put a bit of critical thought into this supposition, they would pretty quickly come to the realization that ticking off 1/2 of your new customers by dining them for an extra $10 and causing them to cancel their service would really be shooting themselves in the foot vs. just providing a card that typically works and continuing to collect an ongoing $10-$50+ revenue every 30 days from said customer.  Any company short-sighted enough to do this would pretty, pretty stupid.  

 

I love it when people come here and accuse PM of being fraudulent when they can't get their service working.  

 

EDIT: I should add that the rest of your reply is quite helpful, detailing the terms of getting CCTS assistance, and linking to sending a private message to the moderator team.  @TvMann2018 here's more info on how to get help from them via private message:  How to Get Help.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

Re: Bad sim


@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@TvMann2018, where did you get this statistic that Public Mobile knowingly makes 5 out of 10 SIM cards bad? 


@will13am to be fair, if you read carefully I believe the OP is saying that PM could knowingly provide 5 out of 10 as defective if they are not going to stand behind the product and replace it for free when they are defective.  I don't believe they actually said that PM does do this.  It's a hypotethical bit of hyperbole/conspiracy theory.  If anyone put a bit of critical thought into this supposition, they would pretty quickly come to the realization that ticking off 1/2 of your new customers by dining them for an extra $10 and causing them to cancel their service would really be shooting themselves in the foot vs. just providing a card that typically works and continuing to collect an ongoing $10-$50+ revenue every 30 days from said customer.  Any company short-sighted enough to do this would pretty, pretty stupid.  

 

I love it when people come here and accuse PM of being fraudulent when they can't get their service working.  

 

EDIT: I should add that the rest of your reply is quite helpful, detailing the terms of getting CCTS assistance, and linking to sending a private message to the moderator team.  @TvMann2018 here's more info on how to get help from them via private message:  How to Get Help.


I accept your interpretation.  The way the rant is written, I read a little more into it, perhaps incorrectly.  Why stop at 5 out of 10, let's go all out and hypothetically call it 10 out of 10.  When someone swings for the fences like that, who knows exactly what is the true meaning the words.  There has to be some level of belief to make such accusations even if wild.