cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay on 30$ plan: 500mb 3g + UNLIMITED Can Talk + UNLIMITED International Text

Charles321
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

New user here. I signed up specifically for the featured 30$ / 30 days plan, advertised as such:

• 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • + BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide
  • UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

I couldn't find it in the options while signing up, so I bought a "custom" plan.

My question is: Why was this not listed, and how can I get my bonus 500mb of data?

Autopay is set up, but I can't see the advertised bonus 500mb of data anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

37 REPLIES 37

Charles321

Thanks for letting me know!

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Charles321 wrote:

Thank you for the fast reply!

Expired?

It's live right now!: https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/qc/plans/30for500MB-3Gspeed

If it's advertised, it should legally be honored.

What do you think?

Hey - The plan you want for $30 has been reduced down to $25 - so you win..win..

3G
  • 500 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • + BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

Charles321

lololol

!!!

@Charles321 wrote:

Well, I guess I'll be sticking  around after all..

Look who just showed up today!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-promotional-plans-taking-pla...

Plan details:

$25 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Limited Time Offer)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

Same plan I wanted, 5$ cheaper.

Talk about a weird series of events!

lol

Just when you thought you were out. They su.......

Anonymous
Not applicable

One never knows, do one?

Charles321

Well, I guess I'll be sticking  around after all..

Look who just showed up today!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-promotional-plans-taking-pla...

Plan details:

$25 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Limited Time Offer)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

Same plan I wanted, 5$ cheaper.

Talk about a weird series of events!

lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charles321 wrote:

Hey z10.

lol, yeah sorry about that..

I would have let it go, but I hate smartasses like that.

Yes you're right, this looks to mostly be specific to brick and mortar stores..

I didn't bother to check whether or not it would apply in this case.

And I think you're referring to the section on optical scanners and bar codes.

Anyway, I'm most certainly not gonna go to court over that, lol.

I've already lost enough time with all this nonsense!

But I'll admit this got me quite curious; maybe if I have sometime later, I'll try and verify how the law actually applies to this and other online stores.

😉

Yeah maybe there's some other consumer protection law that covers online purchases for services in Quebec. Quebec has its own legal system, let alone provincial laws, so they could very well be different.

And I seem to think Public Mobile is primarily out of Montreal too. So there's that.

Charles321

Hey z10.

lol, yeah sorry about that..

I would have let it go, but I hate smartasses like that.

Yes you're right, this looks to mostly be specific to brick and mortar stores..

I didn't bother to check whether or not it would apply in this case.

And I think you're referring to the section on optical scanners and bar codes.

Anyway, I'm most certainly not gonna go to court over that, lol.

I've already lost enough time with all this nonsense!

But I'll admit this got me quite curious; maybe if I have sometime later, I'll try and verify how the law actually applies to this and other online stores.

😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa. For fear of having MY head chopped off...are you in Quebec? If not then that law doesn't apply to you. If so then I would definitely fight it. Does Quebec have some teeth on that? Can they go to the merchant on your behalf and demand that they honour a posted price? Does it work for services..not just products?

Edit: after reading the link..."The Policy does not apply to clothing or to products that do not have a bar code." So it doesn't apply to this place.

But I still think it's just that you missed the promo. That's life.

@Charles321 wrote:

https://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/price-labelling-and-accuracy

That only applies in Quebec.  Otherwise, pricing errors are not usually enforceable.

In Canada, pricing mistakes generally do not need to be honored.  An advertised price is what is called an invitation to treat.  It's not considered an offer to sell a product or service at that price, at least not in terms of contract law.  I'm not a legal expert, but this is covered in high school or first year post secondary business law classes.  You'd have to prove deliberate deception.  It can be compared to when go to a store and they put a price sticker on a product or sign up stating a price and it ends up being an error. The store does not have to legally honor that price, although some do have policies to do so.  What I will say is that for something such as this, companies will sometimes give in to keep the customer happy. 

Charles321

I know but still..

I didn't get the deal, had a busted phone service for a week and had to pay double for it.

That's 3 losses for someone who expected a win by switching to PM.

Anyway. Thanks again for your help before z10.

See you around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You win some you lose some. I remember somebody succeeding back in early January.

I did very little investigation before I got here about a year ago now. I activated. Shortly afterwards I signed up to the community. Then a promo showed up and I thought "dang I just got here oh well". Then another one came along. Oh come on!

I asked the moderators if they could do anything for a new customer and they very nicely gave me a little somethin' somethin. Not all that I might have got from a promo but something. They didn't have to. So fine.

They're offering you some data for this paid term. Not terrible. Not great. You missed the promo...oh well.

Charles321

Allright here are the news for those of you who were wondering.

PM's webpage offering the deal was still up yesterday and was ultimately removed today.

After 3 private messages to Public Mobile moderators, one call from Telus and 8 days having my old phone getting inbound calls while my new phone was only able to make calls and lots of sms marked as sent never received by the recipients, I finally got my answer.

So I had to pay 2 phone providers for 8 days, had 2 (words removed), split, phone lines for 8 days to finally be told by a moderator that they would not honor the 500mb bonus, even though it was still publicly advertised live on their official website.

For all my "troubles", I was offered a super-incredible "free 500mb bonus", to be used within the remaining 3 weeks of the month...

WOW what a deal!

I take that as a big (removed) from PM.

I guess that's how they welcome new clients here.

Btw, the porting problem, although they would not say, was most likely due to having my old line ported from a Oricom Internet voip service.

Also if anyone cares, Lucky offers an even better deal, for 25$.

Finally, as I told the moderator team, nobody looking for a new provider checks the "community forums"; any normal person sees and trust what's offered on a website, especially when no expiry date is mentioned.

Hope any of this can at least help someone.

edited by computergeek541 to bring message posting into conformance to Community guidelines and terms

Charles321

Here's the link to the actual promotion, which is still up and running as of today.

Maybe it can be useful to you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans/30for500MB-3Gspeed

I already subscribed, so I took screenshots and contacted the moderator team.

Not sure what you should do, but you could try contacting them and ask for them to honor the deal. I think they should at least refund your sim card..

You can contact the moderator team directly here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charles321 wrote:

Thanks again z10.

Unsurprisingly, I'm not the only one who got caught in this..

25$ you say? Nice to know..

But will I stick around to eventually see it for myself?

That's another story..

Regards,

😉

They're called promo's. They come and go.

Public Mobile apparently follows the competition. So if they come out with something then Public Mobile might follow suit.

Charles321

Thanks again z10.

Unsurprisingly, I'm not the only one who got caught in this..

25$ you say? Nice to know..

But will I stick around to eventually see it for myself?

That's another story..

Regards,

😉

Charles321

I hear you!

Real disappointment for me too..

Not sure I'll stick with Public myself, I'll wait and see what the moderators have to say about this.

My take is that any publicly showcased offer such as this one would be legally binding.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one in that crappy situation.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankvh wrote:

Ahh, it's not only only you who's disappointed / annoyed. Me too. A few days ago I went to LD and purchased a SIM card for my wife. Now tonight with SIM card and the details of her existing phone carrier in hand, I go to sign her up for that $30 plan. And discover it's gone. Looks like she won't be switching to PM after all.

Lucky we didn't say anything about the dirty knife. 🙂

psst...that $30 deal even recently used to be $25.

frankvh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ahh, it's not only only you who's disappointed / annoyed. Me too. A few days ago I went to LD and purchased a SIM card for my wife. Now tonight with SIM card and the details of her existing phone carrier in hand, I go to sign her up for that $30 plan. And discover it's gone. Looks like she won't be switching to PM after all.

Charles321

Thank you very much for your help.

Charles321

As soon as I get a reply from the moderators, I'll update my post.

There's no way I'm alone in this situation and I will do my best to help others as all of you did for me.

I'm pretty disappointed about this shady start with Public Mobile but the community seems great!

Fast and helpful replies from many users in seconds.

I'm impressed and grateful for everyone's help.

I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charles321 

I've not heard of individual province-only offerings. Public Mobile is nation-wide.

Keep us posted. We would all be interested to know if they would honour it. It's not like there's an expiry on that detail page. They do remove pages. You get a blue swirl thing when the page is gone.

Charles321

Thanks for the tip, I already took screenshots of both the french and english promotion for Quebec, Ontario and Alberta (it's advertised similarly in every province, but I took no chance), as of today.

What happened to me is that:

Since I couldn't find the plan in the options while signing up today, I bought a "custom" plan with all the same features, thinking the promotion would show up at the end.

I thought that, as the autopay 2$ rebate did, this would show up after my initial payment..

But it didn't..

It wasn't really a mistake on my part, as any new user would certainly have thought and done the same as I did..

Again, thank you for your help, it's really appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charles321 wrote:

Thank you very much for your help!

Grab a screen shot of the plan details while you can.

But if it's not a selectable plan by either activation or change or byo then how could you get it?

Charles321

Thank you very much for your help!

Charles321

Thank you very much for your help. I will see what the moderators can do about this.

If you want to get into contact with PM employee, contact @CS_Agent   

There is significant delay now,  maybe 2 days or more.  

Need Help? Let's chat.