cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay stopped working - Cannot make payment

pussingonp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi any ideas on how I can fix this?

My autopay randomly stopped working. My card is not expired, and worked for payment of my other public mobile account. My account is now suspended, and every time I try to make payment, I get an error that my credit card information cannot be verified.

I dont have another credit card to try.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

You could go to a Shoppers DrugMart or various gas stations to purchase a payment voucher for the total (or more) cost of your plan with that new credit card, then load it either via *611 or the web interface.

That would allow you to both activate the card and get funds loaded in one transaction.

I've begun to not suggest Shoppers due to a recent rash of voucher problems from them. It might be PM but it might not be too.

pussingonp

@stonechucker wrote:

You could go to a Shoppers DrugMart or various gas stations to purchase a payment voucher for the total (or more) cost of your plan with that new credit card, then load it either via *611 or the web interface.

That would allow you to both activate the card and get funds loaded in one transaction.

Yep thanks for the advice - someone else suggested the same thing, so I got myself payed up on sunday to get my service back - thank goodness 😄

Thanks again!

pussingonp

@GinYVR wrote:

@pussingonpIt could be 48hours + depending on the workload and situation.. eg there was a whole bunch of problems yesterday and also a promo over the weekend, so the moerators are likely backed up.

Thanks! It's my first time needing assistance so i wasn't sure of the regular wait time.

Thats fine 🙂

@pussingonpIt could be 48hours + depending on the workload and situation.. eg there was a whole bunch of problems yesterday and also a promo over the weekend, so the moerators are likely backed up.

pussingonp

Does anyone know the regular wait time for a mod response ? I think I'm just getting impatient - but i submitted a message about 48 hours ago. Thanks in advance.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kartye wrote:

I am having the same issue. I have sent a message to the moderators to see if they can help me out. My credit card company issues a new card, and I updated my profile and card with PM, however, my transactions are not going through. I called the credit card company and they said that they are not seeing the transaction, so PM is not even sending the info to my credit card company to try to complete the purchase. Perhaps my accont is blocked, as one did suggest, as I updated my credit card on file prior to the actual expiry date.

I want to add US data to my account, starting today, so having my credit card blocked is not good. Hopefully we can get this resolved so that I will have data in the US.

When I last updated my CC, I was advised that I had to make a purchase at a point of sale machine (in a store) using my PIN first. They told me any online or tap type purchases would not work before doing this...

Just in case that is your issue. 

Kartye

I am having the same issue. I have sent a message to the moderators to see if they can help me out. My credit card company issues a new card, and I updated my profile and card with PM, however, my transactions are not going through. I called the credit card company and they said that they are not seeing the transaction, so PM is not even sending the info to my credit card company to try to complete the purchase. Perhaps my accont is blocked, as one did suggest, as I updated my credit card on file prior to the actual expiry date.

I want to add US data to my account, starting today, so having my credit card blocked is not good. Hopefully we can get this resolved so that I will have data in the US.

pussingonp

For anyone reading this with the same issue, I was able to buy Public Mobile pre-paid cards at Shoppers Drug Mart, in denominations of $20 and $40.

@pussingonp  yea no problem anytimeSmiley LOL

pussingonp

@geopublic wrote:

@pussingonp wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@pussingonp wrote:

Thanks for the feedback so far -- The renewal on both accounts is about a month apart, and has been this wasy for almost 2 years? Not sure why it would be triggered now?

@pussingonp  Was your account going through the renewal process when you tried making payment? Is your phone currently working?

I was set up for autopay, so i'm not sure when the payment would have went through - I think around July 17. I didn't notice until today that I didnt have service so i attempted to make  payment today. It will not allow me to make payment.

My phone is currently not working.

Thanks!

@pussingonp In that case then your only option is to purchase a voucher through recharge.com or one of the retail locations that sell them to get your account back up and running and wait for the moderators to fix the cc issue.

Thanks - i didn't know about this being an option! Will do this and hope the autopay issue gets resolved asap.

@pussingonp wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@pussingonp wrote:

Thanks for the feedback so far -- The renewal on both accounts is about a month apart, and has been this wasy for almost 2 years? Not sure why it would be triggered now?

@pussingonp  Was your account going through the renewal process when you tried making payment? Is your phone currently working?

I was set up for autopay, so i'm not sure when the payment would have went through - I think around July 17. I didn't notice until today that I didnt have service so i attempted to make  payment today. It will not allow me to make payment.

Thanks!

@pussingonp In that case then your only option is to purchase a voucher through recharge.com or one of the retail locations that sell them to get your account back up and running and wait for the moderators to fix the cc issue.

pussingonp

@geopublic wrote:

@pussingonp wrote:

Thanks!

@pussingonp wrote:

pussingonp

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@pussingonp you could always buy a voucher until you get it straightened out contact moderator for credit card assistance here

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pussingonp wrote:

Hi any ideas on how I can fix this?

My autopay randomly stopped working. My card is not expired, and worked for payment of my other public mobile account. My account is now suspended, and every time I try to make payment, I get an error that my credit card information cannot be verified.

I dont have another credit card to try.

@pussingonp Sounds like a security lock was triggered for your cc on that account. Are the renewal dates on both accounts the same? You need to contact the moderator to clear the lock.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.