cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: App for Public Mobile

@skazzyskills wrote:

An app is definitely needed. Your website is also slow to load. The UI on a mobile device is not very good and would be much better on  an app, along with notifications etc. Telus has one, as so many other mobile company sites. PM should catch up.

I very much doubt that a mobile app would with with the self serve website being slow. In the past, some of these cell phone carrier account apps have been almost nothing more than a bookmark to a mobile version of the website, except in a standalone app. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This would be a game changer for PM if they are able to do this. I'm wondering even if they didn't want to build an app for the whole site, self serve etc. what if they were to just make an app for the forums. they can make an app like Reddit and there would be push notifications. this would also greatly improve talking to moderators. I'm sure much of the community/customer base would love this. then you wouldn't have to keep refreshing the browser seeing if you finally received a message from a moderator... after creating a ticket and sending your request, just close the app and wait for a notification. this would improve efficiency not only for the customer, but also for the moderators. just a suggestion

Highlighted

@gpixel4 you'd have to talk to the Khoros folks (https://khoros.com/) for a mobile app for the community.  I double PM would put any resources to building their own on top from scratch; they would wait for Khoros to offer one.  EDIT: or at least a base app that can be easily customized and branded by the individual communities, like this one.  In the meantime, I think you already bravo'd by workaround thread for Android phones.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren does this app have push notifications? it's seems more like an app to make a website into an app. this suggestion is more of an efficient way to contact moderators and the community for the average consumer. so as to not having to wait for replys and then missing a reply a moderator sent. this is one of the bigger reasons leading customers away from PM. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Developing and maintain an app definitely costs money. Compared with the benifit coming along, they seem to be not matching up. We can easily open the browser and check out the general inquiries.

Highlighted

@gpixel4 wrote:

@srlawren does this app have push notifications? it's seems more like an app to make a website into an app. this suggestion is more of an efficient way to contact moderators and the community for the average consumer. so as to not having to wait for replys and then missing a reply a moderator sent. this is one of the bigger reasons leading customers away from PM. 

@gpixel4 it doesn't, as far as I can tell.  Well it does, but only in so far as it can monitor page(s) content for changes, or an RSS feed for new entries, and notify you of them.  (Though, I've never tested this; I use a different Feedly client app for my RSS needs.)

That said, as far as I can tell, the current community site does not offer any push notifications through browser means; rather, you have to actively browse to the community and look at your bell icon and envelope icon to see new notifications.  I believe Khoros would have to add that feature (or perhaps they do offer and already and PM has not configured it to be active, which is a possibility).  If they [Khoros] offered browser-based push notifications and a PWA install, what you're asking for would probably be possible, but I'm pretty sure this is all/mostly on Khoros to implement.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.