cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

App for Public Mobile

I just wished to know if there are any plans to release an App for Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

Re: App for Public Mobile

@miltondad2twins  - it has been brought up before.  There is no indication that it would happen any time soon.  There are issues with the web based portal that need fixing first.  I doubt it would be in PM's near future.

@miltondad2twins, chances are bad for an app.  Koodo, the sister company of Public Mobile got rid of their app a couple of years ago because the users preferred the website interface.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Doubtful as it's a no frills service. I don't really find any gaps in the self serve account. It's mobile friendly too. Depending on your phone, you can just put a shortcut to that page on your home screen.

That's all the old Telus/Koodo apps really did: repackage the account view/website. Is there something specific you're looking for in an app that the  website doesn't accomplish?

Mayor / Maire

@miltondad2twins what do you want from the app?  If it's data tracking, try My Data Manager on an iPhone or Android, or Data Witness PM on Android.  More on Data Witness: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And...

If you're looking for self-serve access via an app and have Android, check out this workaround I posted a while back.  The guide is a bit long but it's really not that complicated.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am just looking for a user friendly app that was made to work on a mobile dized screen.  Using a webpage designed for a laptop on a 5.7" screen is not very effective.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@miltondad2twins wrote:

I am just looking for a user friendly app that was made to work on a mobile dized screen.  Using a webpage designed for a laptop on a 5.7" screen is not very effective.

I agree, a forum app might incline people to post more. But I don't consider it vital for service, it would be better to allocate resources elsewhere.

Mayor / Maire

@SkimGuy wrote:

I agree, a forum app might incline people to post more. But I don't consider it vital for service, it would be better to allocate resources elsewhere.

@SkimGuy the community is built and hosted by a company called Lithium.  They seem to have a mobile app for their own support community (for customer companies that use Lithium), but not for the general Lithium communities out there at large.  I think PM would need to wait for them to build something for the community.  That said, the community site was resdesigned a while back (maybe a year or so? I don't recall exactly) to be "responsive", meaning it displays well on a mobile device, tablet, or computer.  The guide I linked previously for using Hermit (on an Android phone) to create an app wrapper for self-serve can also be used for the community, and I do provide examples of that in the thread as well.  Have a look!  Some of the screen shots are outdated but I did post some newer ones after the responsive redesign, too.

@miltondad2twins wrote:

As I just noted, the community site is responsive and will look fine on a 5.7" screen; sadly the same cannot be said for the self-serve site.  You do do need to sprinkle a healthy dosage of pinch-to-zoom and pan around to use it, but it's not impossible.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have an iPhone, Just go tom the Public Mobile site on Safari, click on the "Action" icon at the bottom, (the little box with an arrow shooting out the top), and choose, "Add to Home Screen".  You can rename it once you've added it.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

An app is definitely needed. Your website is also slow to load. The UI on a mobile device is not very good and would be much better on  an app, along with notifications etc. Telus has one, as so many other mobile company sites. PM should catch up.