cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other way to stop the Auto Pay ?

Sprinkly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported out to Shaw Mobile on September 25th was told no need to cancel my account. However still be charged Octorber & November from my Auto Pay. Maybe I need to remove the Auto Pay from My Account ??  I'm not able to login to My Account anymore 😂

By the way, be very causious to use Shaw mobile ! Shaw cable is good, not the MOBILE......

I'll coming back to the Public.

Thanks a lot !

6 REPLIES 6

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Alternatively, you might contact your credit card issuer to request a chargeback for the $$$ charged in October and November.

@Sprinkly 

I'm sorry to hear you have experienced this strange but rare glitch of autopay charging for a cancelled and technically non existent account. Worse still is an unsatisfactory experience with shaw mobile making you regret porting out in the first place. Given the average month long wait for a refund and underwhelming black friday deal perhaps you can negotiate an acceptable winback deal from public mobile to allow them to credit your new account instead of refunding it. I belueve they offered earlier this year winback deals of $10 off the $15 and $25 plans for 1 year (12 cycles) and possibly $20 off $40+ plans? Maybe you could use that as a starting point.......

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Sprinkly wrote:

I ported out to Shaw Mobile on September 25th was told no need to cancel my account. However still be charged Octorber & November from my Auto Pay. Maybe I need to remove the Auto Pay from My Account ??  I'm not able to login to My Account anymore 😂

By the way, be very causious to use Shaw mobile ! Shaw cable is good, not the MOBILE......

Thanks a lot !

Hi @Sprinkly if you ported out your number then as soon as porting is completed, your PM account was closed.  As such, autopay should be discontinued.  If your credit card was charged for October and November, then you need to send a private message to the Moderators_Team here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However, it seems that your credit card was not charged for those two months.  Your account is closed.  So no need to worry.  Next time, before you port out your number, remove autopay.

Best wishes

@hTideGnow wrote:

usually we logon to the account to confirm if AutoPay is disabled

if you can't.. since you still have this Community access, you an use the Chat Bot on the lower right to open a ticket 

@hTideGnow Just for future reference, when you try to open a ticket you need to sign into your self serve account as a security check during the ticketing process. As the OP's account was closed when they ported out, this option is no longer available to them (can't use chat bot), hence the direct message link.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Sprinkly wrote:

Thanks a lot !

@Sprinkly Contact PM directly through private message link below. Welcome back? LOL

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

usually we logon to the account to confirm if AutoPay is disabled

if you can't.. since you still have this Community access, you an use the Chat Bot on the lower right to open a ticket 

softech_live_0-1606516279114.png

Need Help? Let's chat.