cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one else fed up with trying to change your number to a proper one??

Andyblogg86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Yes I have and I am clicking on change my number and it's only giving me 236 area codes as well as 969 numbers and they come up as long distance and not only that but it comes up as a different  country altogether. Its Seattle  and I'm in victoria bc Canada. I'm EXTREMELY  beyond frustrated  with this and it's the 3RD time it's happened in a row....I tell as lo my friends and family to use public mobile and I'm so FED UP with this and not getting any help from customer  service....and to have it happen  3 times in a row.....I can tell you this. I will be discontinuing  to use public after this month and I'll bring my friends and family with me if I dont get some sort of compensation  for this run around bull **bleep**  Andy.

11 REPLIES 11

@Andyblogg86 wrote:

I want a simp ppl e 250 area code. And when ever I have some one try and call this 1 236 969 **** number and the last 2 with the same 6 numbers before they are telling me it's coming up long distance and even that its saying it's a Seattle  area code. That's where that is coming from. For customer service I really dont appreciate  being talked to like I'm a **bleep**ing idiot. Or like I'm just making it up. Because I have a lot better things to do then deal with stupid stuff. Its effecting people being able to contact me and hence me make a living to feed my 2 kids and a wife. So I a little more then pissed off about this **bleep**. Its absolutely  ridiculous.....I dont know I guess I should have just gone with a different company. Public really doesn't seem to give a rats ass about this 

First of all, nobody here, up to that point, was talking to you like you were a "**bleep**ing idiot", BUT if you didn't want to sound like a **bleep**ing idiot, maybe your 1st post should have contained a little more detail, like the part I put in bold above.

Secondly, as others here have mentioned, the 1st line of support here, is by other customers, like us, which, quite frankly, if you had paid attention at all, when researching a provider, and signing up with PM, you would already have known! When issues can't be solved in these forums, then we direct people to contact the Moderators, via PM's ticket system. It's not an ideal situation, but you often get a quicker response in these forums, than you do when waiting on the phone, listening to elevator music, like you get with other providers. That, and ya get what ya pay for.....

As for your issue, when these people that are trying to call you get a message that it's long distance, you didn't say whether or not those people are calling using a landline, and whether or not they actually are considered long distance. More detail helps, but ranting doesn't.

@Andyblogg86  Choose a city a little farther afield of Victoria. Try Langford, Sooke, Mill Bay even as far north as Duncan if necessary. You should be able to acquire a (778) or maybe a (250) area code.

236-969 is Victoria BC. Who said it was Seattle? Someone trying to call you? I've never heard a recording that tells you that the number you are calling is long distance and then says what city it is in. Probably someone saying it reminds them of a Washington Area Code such as 206 or even 360. It is possible that a provider has a newly into service exchange coded wrong. You need to confirm which providers cell phones or voip lines in Victoria are unable to call your 236-969 number and either report it to Public Mobile or the other provider. Area Code 236 went into service June 1, 2013 but the 969 exchange may have been added much more recently.

As reported here already, you are complaining about this to a free support group of Public Mobile customers, not to Public Mobile customer service. We ARE here to help out with problems but not to be berated.

AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Andyblogg86 , numbers are recycled every day once a number has had enough days in quarantine from last active duty.  The best way to seach out a "good number" is not by pounding the refresh option into submission.  This takes patience, try looking for a number daily and do it early in the day before everyone else looks for a number.  You will be able to find a 250 area code Victoria number.  I have an account with a 250 area code and it was obtained this way.  I got it on the second day using this strategy.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andyblogg86 

No you're not an idiot. You're just not fully conversant with all the ins and outs of telco's. Nor am I.

With all the zillions of devices on cell networks, the nice easy plumb numbers are taken. If you keep refreshing the change number screen you might stumble across an available 250 number under your chosen city. Even less chance of finding a familiar prefix. It's just the way it is.

The only way to get in touch with customer service here is by contacting a moderator. However I don't see how that would help here if the  250 area code isn't available. You would have this problem with any Canadian provider. Have you tried getting a 778 area code number?  You may have more success with that one. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Andyblogg86 wrote:

I want a simp ppl e 250 area code. And when ever I have some one try and call this 1 236 969 **** number and the last 2 with the same 6 numbers before they are telling me it's coming up long distance and even that its saying it's a Seattle  area code. That's where that is coming from. For customer service I really dont appreciate  being talked to like I'm a **bleep**ing idiot. Or like I'm just making it up. Because I have a lot better things to do then deal with stupid stuff. Its effecting people being able to contact me and hence me make a living to feed my 2 kids and a wife. So I a little more then pissed off about this **bleep**. Its absolutely  ridiculous.....I dont know I guess I should have just gone with a different company. Public really doesn't seem to give a rats ass about this 

You seriously need to relax, we are all customers like you, and treating us rudely will get you nowhere, with an attitude like that why don't you change providers, but have fun getting screwed around worse on the cost, but hey then you can go yell and be intitled to some csr at your next provider, I'm sure they'll love that.

Andyblogg86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Andyblogg86 What's a proper number? You can choose a number for any available city.  Some area codes aren't available because most numbers are used.

I'm confused..... 😮 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Area code 236 is BC. What is the Seattle comment? 

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.