cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I on the best plan for me?

Fanny73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a $25 30 day plan - Unlimited international text/unlimited Provincial Talk only

I have noticed a $15 30 day

100 Canada-wide talk

Unlimited incoming calls

Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

+ Bonus 250 MB Data4 at 3G speed with autoPay - not sure what that means

Voicemail/Call Display

In April I made 2 local calls and 121 outgoing texts/ 114 incoming texts

Would I benefit by switching.

7 REPLIES 7

Randy3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree that $15 plan is best for you.  And if your needs change later, you can change to a different plan without penalty (since no annual contract).

@Fanny73 wrote:

I am on a $25 30 day plan - Unlimited international text/unlimited Provincial Talk only

100 Canada-wide talk

Unlimited incoming calls

Voicemail/Call Display

Everyone's probably right about advising you to switch, as at first glance, you do appear to be a light user subscriber.  However, those 2 calls that you made can easily use up a bunch of minutes if they were longer calls.  Also, there's no indication of how much data that was used, or does that not concern you?  In the end, you may also want to consider how you will be using your phone in the near future as well, and you are the person who knows your usage requirements best.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Fanny73 wrote:

100 Canada-wide talk

Unlimited incoming calls

Voicemail/Call Display

@Fanny73

As others have mentioned the $15 would be a great fit. Another option you might want to consider is the limited offer $25 plan  The plan includes:

Unlimited Canada wide calling

Unlimited International texts

1GB data

This plan is an option because for the same amount you can lock in the savings without having to worry about calling minutes and the data is there as data requirements keep increasing and also as a backup when WiFi goes down.

berniedes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI   Yes  it certainly looks like the 15 dollars plan would be good for you.

As for  + Bonus 250 MB Data4 at 3G speed with autoPay - not sure what that means

Sorry but not  sure what you dont understand,   you select autopay and you get  250mb of data. Its not much but better than nothing,  3G is not the fastest but it is more than sufficient unless you do video and if so,  then 250mb will not last you very long. 

In my case,  I mostly use wifi and data only when I have to and in about 10 days, I might have use  5mb    . In addition  with autopay,  you still get the 2.00 discount    .  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Fanny73 wrote:

100 Canada-wide talk

Unlimited incoming calls

Voicemail/Call Display

The $15 100 minutes/unlimited text is perfect for you.  There is no point to paying $10 extra for a plan with unlimited minutes.  Save the $10/m and use the saving to purchase minutes add-on at $8 200 minutes or $15 400 minutes if you need extra minutes.  The minutes add-on does not expire.  Unused add-on minutes will be roll over to next billing cycle until all minutes are completely used.

@Fanny73 

If you are a light user, the $15 plan would work better for you.  

If you sign up for autopay, you will get also extra 250 MB of data per cycle.  You don't have data right now, so it will be a bonus for you (even though it is low amount).  

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes you would if you switch to this $15 plan.

Optional signing up to autopay, would give you $2 credit, plus this 250MB bonus

Need Help? Let's chat.